Under certain conditions, Hard Disk Drive performance can degrade causing excessive program load and boot times.
The above symptom is associated to the following systems:
- ThinkCentre M92 (Tiny)
- ThinkCentre M92p (Tiny)
- ThinkCentre M72e (Tiny)
System is configured with:
- Seagate 160GB (42T1364)
- Seagate 320GB (42T1365)
- Seagate 250GB Opal (42T1366)
- Seagate 320GB Opal (42T1391)
The user should install the updated Seagate firmware version 5LVM.
Instructions for updating the firmware:
- Run the "seagate_hdd_fw_update_sgpti_v31200.exe" file from Microsoft Windows XP or Windows 7 operating system. Firmware cannot be executed from Microsoft Windows 8.
- Follow the on-screen instructions. Do not run the firmware update on RAID systems. Do not power off the system during the firmware update.
- The system will reboot and begin the firmware update process.
- If the firmware process is successful, the utility will present a “Pass” status highlighted in green.
- If the firmware on the drive is already current or if a non-affected Seagate drive is in the system, a "Fail" message will be displayed highlighted in red.
- Once the firmware update is complete, the system will power off.