The screen brightness is inconstant. It changes automatically even it is running on Energy Star mode on a basic setting. This issue occurs may because ALS feature of Energy Management or Automatic screen brightness in Intel Graphics settings has been enabled.
System is configured with
- Lenovo Energy Management
- Or Intel graphics card
There is an Ambient Light Sensor (ALS) feature in Lenovo Energy Management that can help solve this issue.
- Open Lenovo Energy Management (via the battery touch sensitive button).
- Click on the gear icon between "i" and "?".
- Under Smart Control, uncheck ALS (Ambient Light Sensor)
Disable "automatic screen brightness" in Intel Graphics settings
- Open Intel settings by right-clicking the blank space of the desktop
- Choose "basic user"
- Click "power management" tab
- Change "Plugged In" to "On Battery"
- The option for "automatic screen brightness" will become present. Uncheck it.