This document is created to guide users on how to identify your current component and hardware, and then check if that component needs a driver update and lastly how to install a driver from the Lenovo support site
The above symptom is associated with, but not limited to, the following systems:
How to Identify the component or hardware
- Open the Run command.
[ For Windows 7 and Windows XP ]
Press on the 'Windows' key and R key on the keyboard.
[ For Windows 8 and 10 ]
Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
Enter run in the search box, tap or click Run.
- The following steps are applicable for Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8 and Windows 10,
In the Run command window, type devmgmt.msc and click OK.
- Click on the arrow button beside each description to expand the list as shown below:
Check if a driver update is necessary
- Right-click on device and select Properties.
- Click Driver tab. Here, you can see your current driver version
- Compare the installed driver version and the driver that you wish to download. You will be able to find more details on the driver that you wish to download in the driver page
- Once you have downloaded the new driver from our support site, you can either refer to the installation guide listed in the corresponding driver text file or refer to How to install drivers for installation guide.
How To Navigate And Download Lenovo Software's Or Drivers from Support Site
How to find Windows 10 drivers
How to find and download network driver
Simple Tips To Update Drivers
How to decide which WiFi driver i need to download or update - idea/Lenovo laptops
How to manually install the camera driver