The problem happens after pressing power button and the abnormal sound does not stop if the Realtek HD sound Effect settings are not changed.
The above symptom may occur on the following system:
IdeaPad S10-2, S9, Y530, Y550
Under the following operating system:
Microsoft Windows XP
1. Go to "Start" --> "Control Panel".
2. Double click on "Realtek HD Sound Effect".
3. In the Realtek window click the "Mixer" and find the "Mic Volume" on right side.
4. Click on the speaker sign and mute the "Mic Volume" as it shows on Fig 4.
5. Then go to below and find the "Mic volume" which is next to "Record" and click to 2 dots which is in circle and remove the tick for "Microphone Boost" on the new window named "Advanced Setting. As it shows on fig 5.
It will take effect after restart the computer.
Lenovo, Lenovo 3000, IdeaCentre and IdeaPad are trademarks of the Lenovo Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Microsoft and Windows are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Other company, product, or service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.