How to configure and connect to WLAN
The above symptom may occur on the following systems:
All Idea Laptops
All Idea Desktops
Under the following operating system
Microsoft Windows 7
1. Ensure that the wireless network adapter is enabled. The wireless icon at the bottom right : is enabled while is disbaled. You can press FN+F5 to enable it.
2. Click and select your wireless signal and click Connect.
If there are some wirelesses and you do not know which is yours, select the top one firstly.
If the network has a password, you should input it at this moment by prompt.
Usually, the wireless network setup has been finished now.
If you cannot visit any Internet website yet, it may need a designated IP address to the wireless network. Please follow the steps below:
1. Right-click on the wireless icon , select Open Network and Sharing Center.
2. System will pop-up a new window. Select Change adapter settings on its left side.
3. It will pop-up another new window named Network Connections. In this window, right-click the Wi-Fi icon and select Properties, you will find the window with the IP setting options.
4. Double-click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPV4) or Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPV6) and enter your IP address.
About its specific substances and settings, you can contact your network administrator for support, or refer to wireless AP’s manual.
Lenovo, Lenovo 3000, IdeaCentre and IdeaPad are trademarks of the Lenovo Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Microsoft and Windows are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Other company, product, or service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.