This article provides troubleshooting steps and advice to resolve your problem you are experiencing with your camera in Windows 7. If you are running Windows 8/8.1/10, the steps are different. Please click here to learn more.
Webcam is not detected. Or unable to turn on the camera. The issue may be caused by:
- Camera driver is out of date or not installed correctly
- Camera was disabled in Device Manager
- Hardware is broken
Confirm that your PC has a built-in camera. This device is often configured on the top of the LCD panel, see below screenshot. If no built-in camera, you may connect an external camera to your PC.
Turn on the camera physical switch by pressing FN+ESC (machines preloaded with Windows 7 needs to switch on camera before openning any camera software)
- Fn+ESC is a shortcut key controlled by Lenovo Energy Management software. Ensure you've installed it properly. Suggest to go to https://support.lenovo.com to get the latest version.
- After switching the camera on, turn on Youcam (for models preloaded with Youcam) or download a third-party video or image software to utilize the camera
Check the camera is recognized correctly in Device Manager
- Open Device Manager. Navigate to Imaging devices.
- If there is no imaging devices, it indicates no camera modem configured or camera hardware failure. Suggest to contact Lenovo local service provider for more help.
- A yellow exclamation means indicates camera driver not installed properly or is out of date. You can right-click and select Uninstall. Then Right-click Imaging devices and select Scan for hardware change.
- If the yellow exclamation mark still exists, go to https://support.lenovo.com to search your product name and find the responding camera driver to install and update. For certain model, there is no seperate camera driver, instead you need to install Windows inbox driver.)
Check in Device Manager if camera was disabled
- Under Imaging device, one of these two options Lenovo Easycamera or Integrated camera will show up. If a down arrow shown, it indicates camera device was disabled. Right-click Lenovo EasyCamera or Integrated camera to select Enable.