Details about the symptoms and improvements added to this BIOS release are provided in the "Additional information", section below.
We strongly recommend users to update the system BIOS to the latest release available.
The above symptom may occur on the following system:
IdeaPad S9, S10
Download and apply the latest BIOS from the support website:
Several issues have been found on the IdeaPad S9 and S10 systems that can significantly affect the performance of the systems.
It is strongly recommended that users update the BIOS on their IdeaPad S9 and S10 systems to the latest release.
The issues addressed by the latest BIOS are:
1. Resolved the problem of One Key Recovery button which causes the system to automatically power on when the LCD cover is closed, especially when pressure is applied to the cover near the battery.
2. Add Password-on-boot functionality to BIOS CMOS settings.
3. Resolved the problem of units with 6-cell battery displaying incorrect battery indicator value for both the status of removing the AC adapter and volume charged.
4. Resolve the problem of the short-cut key for wireless connections configuration (FN+F5). The system is not able to save changes entered through the short-cut key.
5. Fixed the S9/S10/M10 auto shut-down in low temperature issue.
6. Fixed the Linpus S4 auto entry S3 after wake up issue.
7. Fixed the S9/S10/M10 Fan turning on/off frequently issue.
8. Fixed the LCD backlight remained on while LCD cover is closed issue.
9. New option available in the BIOS setup utility to mute/unmute the beep when plugging in/out the AC adapter.
10. Combined the BIOS for non-3G and 3G system together.
Lenovo and IdeaPad are trademarks of the Lenovo Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Microsoft and Windows are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Other company, product, or service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.
Document ID ：