How to use Winflash to install BIOS update.
The above symptom may occur on the following systems:
- idea and Think laptops/desktops
- Download the latest BIOS to the Desktop for ease of location..
- Open Lenovo support website
- Key in your product name
- On the product page, click "Drivers & Software"
- Filter by "BIOS/UEFI", and choose the corresponding OS information
- Download and install the BIOS following the readme file
- Right click the BIOS flash package and choose "Run as administrator".
(Note: Double clicking the BIOS flash package will not execute this program in Windows Vista.)
- Windows will pop-up a self-extracting window, click on the "Install" button.
- Click on the "Flash BIOS" button.
- A warning window will be displayed to remind the user to connect the system power outlet and to provide other flash information.
- Click on the "OK" button, BIOS update flashing program will run automatically.
Note: Please wait until the BIOS update flashing program completes installation.)
- When the BIOS update is complete, the system will reboot automatically.
With regard to the question where to download latest BIOS, Lenovo will release the latest BIOS to support site
(each version BIOS is tested to fix certain known issues which will be listed under BIOS download page and Readme file). To check if any higher version is available, please follow above step 1. If the BIOS version is the same as you've installed, meaningly no updated is needed. If the version is higher, please check the issue fix list prior to downloading.