How to add a printer in Windows 7
1. Go to "Start" à"Devices and Printers". Or go to "Start" à"Control Panel" à"Hardware and Sound" à"Devices and Printers".
2. Click "Add a Printer" to add a local printer or add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer.
3. Click "Add a local printer" to enter into the interface of "Choose a printer port". Choose a local printer port, and then click "Next". See Fig.3.
4. You will need to choose the "Manufacturer" and "Printers", such as "EPSON LASER LP-2200". After that, click "Next".
If your printer is not on the list, you can click "Have Disk…" to install the driver from an installation CD. Or you can click "Windows Update" to see more models.
5. Make sure the printer name displayed in the following interface is correct, and click "Next" to install it.
6. After the installation, you can select "Do not share this printer" or "Share this printer so that others on your network can find and use it". If you want to share this printer, you must provide a share name.
7. Click "Next" to finish the settings. Now, this newly added printer is visible in "Devices and Printers". You can click "Print a test paper" to check if the printer is working properly.
If you add two printers on a same computer, the system will prompt you to set it as the default printer when the installation of the second printer finished. You can also set a printer the default one by right-click on it and select "Set as the default printer".
Lenovo, Lenovo 3000, IdeaCentre and IdeaPad are trademarks of the Lenovo Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Microsoft and Windows are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Copyright ©2008 Seiko Epson Corporation. All rights reserved.
Other company, product, or service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.