This article is an introduction to how to reinstall Windows 7
The above symptom may occur under the following operating system:
Microsoft Windows 7
Installation booted from CD/DVD
1. Set for CD/DVD boot: insert the installation CD into the optical disk drive (ODD) and restart PC. When starting up logo "LENOVO" appears on the screen, press "F12" to enter "Boot Menu" interface and select "IDE ODD: HL-DT-STDVDRAM GT30N-(S5)". Press "Enter" for confirmation. Fig.1
2. After several seconds, the sentence "Press any key to boot from CD..." will appear on the screen. See Fig.2
3. After booted from CD/DVD, the following interfaces will appear continuously. See Fig.3, Fig.4 and Fig.5.
4. Keep the default for the above interfaces. For the items of "Language to install", "Time and currency format" and "Keyboard or input method", select "English", "English (United State)" and "US"respectively, then click "Next".
5. Selecting the operating system. This stage may be different for PCs with different system versions when leaving factory. Select a proper one and Click "Next".
6. Accept the license terms, and click "Next".
7. Enter the Partition interface, click "Drive options (advanced)".
8. Click "New" to create new partition.
9. Set up the partition capacity and click "Next".
10. In case of a brand new HDD or re-partition after deleting all the partition, Windows 7 will automatically generate a 100 M space to keep the boot files as Fig.12 shows. Click "OK".
11. You will see that a 100M space still remains besides the new built partiton and unallocated space.
12. Partition the left space by the same means.
13. Choose the partition for installation and click "Next".
14. The system begins to install automatically.
15. PC will restart after finishing "Installation update".
16. Windows starting interface appears.
17. Installation will run automatically.
18. At this stage, installation will restart again and check the host automatically.
19. With the completion of checking, it will enter the following interface, see Fig.25.
Input user name and computer name.
20. Set password. Note: if the password is set, its hint must be set. There can be no password. Click "Next". Another way to set password: entering the system, go to "control panel" and set password in user account.
21. Set time and date, click "Next".
22. The system is finalizing your settings and starts.
23. If password is set, the "logging in" interface will pop up. Enter the password and click "->"
24. Entering desktop, the installation is finished.
Lenovo, Lenovo 3000, IdeaCentre and IdeaPad are trademarks of the Lenovo Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Microsoft and Windows are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Other company, product, or service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.