If you forget your Windows password, you can use a password reset disk to create a new one. We recommend that you create a password reset disk when you create your password, so you don't lose access to your files and information.
A password reset disk can only be created for local user accounts. If your computer is on a domain, a system administrator can reset your domain password.
Instructions for creating a password reset disk. To complete these steps, you'll need removable media (a USB flash drive or floppy disk).
1. Create a password for the current account.
2. Click "Control Panel" --> "User Accounts"--> "Create a password reset disk".
3. Click " Next" .
4. Select the USB drive. Click " Next" .
5. Input the current user account password. Then click " Next" .
6. Wait a few seconds until the progress is completed. Then click "Next".
7. When the creation is finished, there will be a file named "userkey.psw" in the USB drive.
Instructions for using the password reset disk.
1. When a wrong password is put in, there will be a reminder of "Reset password" under the password input box. Click "Reset password".
2. In "Password Reset Wizard", click "Next".
3. Select the drive with "userkey.psw". Click "Next".
4. Input the new password as instructed. Click " Next" .
5. The password for the user account is reset successfully. Input the new password to log in to the system.