Follow the instructions provided below:
1. Download the BIOS flash package from the BIOS update website. ( Note: Download to the Desktop for ease of location.)
2. Right click on the BIOS flash package and choose 'Run as administrator' ( Note: Double clicking on the BIOS flash package will not execute this program in Windows Vista.)
3. Windows will pop-up a self-extracting window, click on the "Install" button.
4. Click on the "Flash BIOS" button.
5. A warning window will be displayed to remind the user to connect the system power outlet and to provide other flash information.
6. Click on the "OK" button, BIOS update flashing program will run automatically. ( Note: Please wait until the BIOS update flashing program completes installation.)
7. When the BIOS update is complete, the system will reboot automatically.
Summary of changes
1. Resolves the problem with One Key Recovery button which makes the system automatically power on when the LCD cover is closed, especially if pressure is applied to the cover nearby the battery.
2. Add Password-on-boot functionality to BIOS CMOS settings.
3. Resolves the problem with the units carrying a 6-cell battery, where the computer's battery indicatordisplays wrong values for both the status (upon removing the AC adapter) and the volume charged.
4. Resolves the problem with the short-cut key for wireless connections configuration (FN+F5). The system is not able to save the changes entered through the short-cut key.
5. Fix S9, S10 auto shut-down in low temperature issue.
6. Fix Linpus S4 auto entry S3 after wake up issue.
7. Fix S9, S10 Fan turning on/off frequently issue.
8. Fix the problem with LCD backlight remaining on while LCD cover closed.
9. New option in the BIOS setup utility to mute/unmute the beep when pluggin/out the AC adapter.
10. Combine the BIOS for non-3G and 3G system together.