On Lenovo G460, IdeaPad Y460, Y560, the battery can only be charged to 80% while the power is connected.
- Lenovo G460
- IdeaPad Y460/Y560
System is Configured with
Lenovo Energy Management
This phenomenon is not a malfunction. It is a working mode in order to protect your battery and maximize the battery's life span.
If you want to change the mode, refer to the following settings.
- Check whether Lenovo Energy Management software has been installed. If not, please go to Lenovo support website to download according to your machine model and operating system.
- Run Lenovo Power Management. Click the gear icon at its lower right corner
- Open the "Battery Health" page. In this page there are two modes: "Optimize for Battery Runtime" and "Optimize for Battery Lifespan". If you need to charge the battery fully, please select the "Optimize for Battery Runtime" and click "Apply" or "OK".
- Now your battery should be able to charge fully. Take a period of observation, if it is not charging yet, (Windows system's battery icon is not full but it does not prompt "charging"), please run the Lenovo Power Management, click the gear icon, select “Battery Gauge Reset" and operate according to its prompts. (Strictly follow the software prompts, otherwise it would not achieve the purpose. This process may last a few hours, and you cannot disconnect the external power supply or turn off the computer in the process.)
- After performing battery fix operation correctly, if the issue still persists, please contact Lenovo local service center.