After resuming from suspend or hibernate, follow-on network traffic with the Intel PRO Wireless 2200BG Mini-PCI adapter card may become corrupted.
If the data corruption occurs, it may cause an executable file to fail to run, or a data file may not open or display its contents properly. In the event that data has been corrupted due to this failure there may be no warning message or notice. The problem only occurs with the Intel PRO Wireless 2200BG Mini-PCI adapter driver version 184.108.40.206. The problem has been fixed in driver version 220.127.116.11 and future driver versions.
- Any driver based on the Intel PRO Wireless 2200BG Mini-PCI adapter driver version 8.0.x is not affected by this failure, and there is no critical need to update the driver.
- Only the Intel PRO Wireless 2200BG Mini-PCI adapter is affected by this failure. No other wireless client adapters are susceptible.
The following ThinkPad systems running Microsoft Windows 98 may experience this symptom:
- ThinkPad R50/p
- ThinkPad R50e
- ThinkPad R51
- ThinkPad T41/p
- ThinkPad T42/p
- ThinkPad X40
Any user with an Intel PRO Wireless 2200BG Mini-PCI adapter using the 18.104.22.168 driver should download and install the new driver package immediately.
Click here to download the latest Intel PRO Wireless 2200BG Mini-PCI adapter driver.
- Click Start, select Settings and click Control Panel.
- Double-click System, select the Hardware tab, and click Device Manager.
- Expand Network adapters.
- If Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection is listed, right-click Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection and select Properties.
Note: If Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection is not listed, this adapter is not installed and the system does not have this issue.
- Click the Driver tab. The version and date of the driver are displayed.