|Fn+F3||R50e and R52 series: Turn off the computer display, leaving the screen blank. To turn the computer display on again, press any key or press the TrackPoint pointing stick.|
R51e series: Select a power scheme that has been created by Power Manager. A panel for selecting a power scheme appears when this combination is pressed.
- If the user has logged on with a administrator user ID, and Fn+F3 is pressed, the panel for selecting a power scheme appears. If the user have logged on with another user ID, and Fn+F3 is pressed, the panel does not appear.
- The computer display cannot be turned off by pressing Fn+F3.
Put the computer in standby mode. To return to normal operation, press the Fn key only, without pressing a function key.
Note: This combination of keys functions as a sleep button. The setting can be changed so that pressing it puts the computer into hibernation mode or even shuts the computer down.
Control the power source of the built-in Bluetooth wireless device. This combination of the keys functions as a toggle switch of the power state.
Notes: In Windows 2000 or Windows XP, this combination of keys enables or disables the built-in wireless networking features (the IEEE 802.11 standard) and the Bluetooth wireless features. To use this function, the following drivers must be installed.
- ThinkPad Power Management driver
- OnScreen Display utility
- Wireless device drivers
Switch a display output location
- External monitor (CRT display)
- Computer display and external monitor (LCD + CRT display)
- Computer display (LCD)
Note: For any operating system other than Windows 2000 or Windows XP, no additional procedure is needed; just press Fn+F7.
- This function does not work when different desktop images are displayed on the computer display and the external monitor (the Extend desktop function).
- This function does not work while a DVD movie or a video clip is playing.
- For Windows 2000 or Windows XP, a hotkey application might take over the switching function.
|Fn+F8||If the image displayed on the computer is smaller than the physical display, switch the computer screen size between expanded mode and normal mode.|
Open the ThinkPad EasyEject Utility screen. Buttons for the following choices are displayed:
- Eject ThinkPad PC from Dock: This button is displayed only if the ThinkPad computer has been attached to a ThinkPad Dock II. The computer can be detached from the ThinkPad Dock II.
- Eject ThinkPad PC from Mini Dock: This button is displayed only if the ThinkPad computer has been docked in a ThinkPad Mini Dock and one or more USB devices have been connected to the ThinkPad Mini Dock. You can stop and remove all the USB devices safely by clicking the button.
Note: If a diskette drive is connected to the external-diskette-drive connector of the ThinkPad Mini Dock, you cannot connect a USB diskette drive.
- Run EasyEject Actions: This button is used to select, stop, or remove external devices connected to the ThinkPad computer.
- Configure EasyEject Actions: Opens the ThinkPad EasyEject Utility main window.
- Fn+F9 Settings: Contigures the settings for the Fn+F9 function.
You can use this utility to stop and remove all ejectable devices connected to the ThinkPad computer, the ThinkPad Mini Dock, or the ThinkPad Port Replicator II. You cannot use it to detach the computer from the ThinkPad Mini Dock or the ThinkPad Port Replicator II.
Put the computer into hibernation mode. To return to normal operation, press the power button for less than four seconds.
Note: To use Fn+F12 for hibernation, you must have the PM device driver installed on the computer.
Turn the ThinkLight on or off.
Note: This function is supported only on the ThinkPad computers that have the ThinkLight. The on or off status of the ThinkLight is shown on the screen for a few seconds when you press Fn+PgUp.
|Fn+Home||The computer display becomes brighter.|
|Fn+End||The computer display becomes dimmer.|
|Fn+Spacebar||Enable the FullScreen Magnifier function.|