|Fn + F1||Reserved.|
|Fn + F2||Reserved.|
|Fn + F3||Turn off the LCD display, leaving the screen blank. To turn the LCD display on again, press any key or the TrackPoint pointing stick.|
|Fn + F4|
Put the computer in standby mode. To return to normal operation, press the Fn key independently, without pressing a function key.
- In Microsoft Windows 2000 and Microsoft Windows XP, this combination of buttons functions as a sleep button. The setting can be changed so that pressing it puts the computer into hibernation mode or even shuts the computer down.
- This mode is called suspend mode in Windows NT.
|Fn + F5||Enable or disable the built-in wireless networking features (the IEEE 802.11 standard) and the Bluetooth features. A list of wireless features is displayed in the Wireless Radio Control window. The power state of each feature can be quickly changed in the list.|
Note: This function is supported only in Windows 98, Windows 2000, and Windows XP.
|Fn + F6||Reserved.|
|Fn + F7|
Switching the display output location.
Switch between the computer display and an external monitor. If an external monitor is attached, the computer output is displayed in the following three patterns by turns:
- External monitor (CRT display)
- Computer display and external monitor (LCD + CRT display)
- Computer display (LCD)
- For any operating system other than Windows 2000 or Windows XP, no additional procedure is needed. Just press Fn+F7.
- This function is not supported if different desktop images are displayed on the computer display and the external monitor (the Extend desktop function).
- This function does not work while a DVD movie or a video clip is playing.
To enable this function in Windows 2000 and Windows XP, the following procedure is needed:
- When you log on to Windows 2000 and Windows XP for the first time, press Fn + F7 and select a display-switching function in the Initial setup window. Since in Windows 2000 and Windows XP multiple users can log on to a single operating system by using different user IDs, each user needs to select the function in the initial setup window when logging on for the first time.
- If the Fn + F7 key combination have been assigned to a presentation scheme function, start Presentation Director, and change the settings.
Applying a presentation scheme
Apply a presentation scheme directly, with no need to start Presentation Director.
- This function is supported only in Windows 2000 or Windows XP.
- Since in Windows 2000 and Windows XP multiple users can log on to a single operating system by using different user IDs, each user needs to do the following procedures when logging on for the first time.
- To disable this function and use the Fn + F7 key combination for switching a display output location, start Presentation director, and change the settings.
To enable this function, do as follows when you log on to Windows 2000 or Windows XP for the first time:
- Start Windows 2000 or Windows XP, and log on to the system.
- Press Fn + F7. The setting window opens.
- Select the optional setting.
|Fn + F8|
Switch the computer screen size between expanded and normal mode if the computer display image is smaller than the physical display.
Note: This function is not supported in Windows 2000 and Windows XP.
|Fn + F9|
Open the ThinkPad EasyEject Utility screen. You can use this Utility to stop and remove all ejectable devices connected to the ThinkPad computer, the ThinkPad Mini Dock, and the ThinkPad Port Replicator II. Buttons for the following choices are displayed:
|Eject ThinkPad PC from Dock||This button is displayed only if the ThinkPad computer is attached to a ThinkPad Dock. The computer can be detached from the ThinkPad Dock.|
|Eject ThinkPad PC from Mini Dock||This button is displayed only if the ThinkPad computer is attached to a ThinkPad Mini Dock and one or more USB devices are connected to the ThinkPad Mini Dock. All the USB devices can be stopped and removed.|
|Run EasyEject Actions||External devices connected to the ThinkPad computer can be selected, stopped, and removed.|
|Configure EasyEject Actions|
The ThinkPad EasyEject Utility main window can be opened.
|Fn + F9 Settings||The settings for the Fn + F9 function can be configured.|
- This function is supported only in Windows 2000 and Windows XP.
- You cannot use it to detach the computer from the ThinkPad Mini Dock alone or the ThinkPad Port Replicator II.
|Fn + F10||Reserved.|
|Fn + F11||Reserved.|
|Fn + F12|
Put the computer into hibernation mode. To return to normal operation, press the power button for less than four seconds.
Note: In Windows 2000 and Windows XP, you can use Fn + F12 for hibernation only if the Power Management device driver has been installed on the computer.
|Fn + PgUp||Turn the ThinkLight on or off.|
Note: This function is supported only on the ThinkPad computers that have the ThinkLight. The on or off status of the ThinkLight is shown on the screen for a few seconds when you press Fn+PgUp.
|Fn + Home||The computer display becomes brighter.|
|Fn + End||The computer display becomes less bright.|
|Fn + Spacebar|
Enable the FullScreen Magnifier function.