When the following steps are performed, an error message will be displayed.
- First, disable the internal wireless device within the Bios, then save the configuration and re-start.
- When logged into windows, hibernate the system.
- Upon resuming, enter the Bios once again and re-enable the wireless device.
- Save changes and exit, allowing the system to continue resuming from Hibernation.
- Some system will display black screen, some system will halt and the following error message will appear, that is:
*** Hardware Malfunction
Call your hardware vendor for support
NMI: Parity check / Memory Parity Error
*** The system has halted***
Any of the following systems running on Microsoft Windows Vista:
- ThinkPad R60
- ThinkPad R60e
- ThinkPad T43p
- ThinkPad T60
- ThinkPad T60p
- ThinkPad X60
- ThinkPad X60s
- ThinkPad Z61e
- ThinkPad Z61m
- ThinkPad Z61p
- ThinkPad Z61t
- Lenovo 3000 N200
- Lenovo 3000 V200
Changing hardware across hibernation is not currently supported by Windows.
Perform the following steps to resolve the issue:
- Before the system resumes, go into bios and set the internal wireless device to hidden or disable.
- Save the configuration and exit to let the system continue resuming.
- At this point, the system should resume properly without halting