|Fn + F1||Reserved|
|Fn + F2||Reserved|
|Fn + F3|
Select a power scheme that has been created by Power Manager. When you press this combination, a panel for selecting a power scheme appears.
- To use the Fn+F3 key combination, you must have the ThinkPad PM device driver installed on the computer.
- If you have logged on with an administrator user ID, and you press Fn+F3, the panel for selecting a power scheme appears. If you have logged on with another user ID, and you press Fn+F3, the panel does not appear.
- You cannot turn off the computer display by pressing Fn+F3.
|Fn + F4|
Put the computer in standby mode. To return to normal operation, press the Fn key only, without pressing a function key.
- To use the Fn+F4 key combination, you must have the ThinkPad PM device driver installed on the computer.
- This combination of keys also functions as a sleep button. If you want to use the combination to put the computer into hibernation mode or shut the computer down, change the settings in the Power Manager.
|Fn + F5|
Enable or disable the built-in wireless networking features and the Bluetooth features. If you press Fn+F5, a list of wireless features is displayed. You can quickly change the power state of each feature in the list.
Note: If you want to use Fn+F5 to enable the feature specified in IEEE standard 802.11, the following device drivers must be installed on the computer beforehand:
- ThinkPad Power Management driver
- OnScreen Display Utility
- Wireless device drivers
|Fn + F6||Reserved|
|Fn + F7|
Apply a presentation scheme directly, with no need to start Presentation Director.
To disable this function and use the Fn+F7 key combination for switching a display output location, start Presentation Director, and change the settings.
Switch a display output location
- External monitor (CRT display)
- Computer display and external monitor (LCD + CRT display)
- Computer display (LCD)
- This function is not supported if different desktop images are displayed on the computer display and the external monitor (the Extend desktop function).
- This function does not work while a DVD movie or a video clip is playing.To enable this function, start Presentation Director, and change the Fn+F7 settings.
Note: Multiple users can log on to a single operating system by using different user IDs. Each user needs to change the settings.
|Fn + F8|
|Fn + F9||Open the ThinkPad EasyEject Utility screen. Buttons for the following choices are displayed: |
Eject ThinkPad PC from Dock: This button is displayed only if the ThinkPad computer has been attached to a ThinkPad X6 Tablet UltraBase. The computer can be detached from the ThinkPad X6 Tablet UltraBase.
Run EasyEject Actions: This button is used to select, stop, or remove external devices connected to the ThinkPad computer.
Configure EasyEject Actions: Opens the ThinkPad EasyEject Utility main window.
Fn+F9 Settings: Configures the settings for the Fn+F9 function.
|Fn + F10||Reserved|
|Fn + F11||Reserved|
|Fn + F12|
Put the computer into hibernation mode. To return to normal operation, press the power button for less than four seconds.
Note: To use Fn+F12 for hibernation, you must have the ThinkPad PM device driver installed on the computer.
|Fn + Home||The computer display becomes brighter.|
|Fn + End||The computer display becomes dimmer.|
|Fn + Spacebar|
Enable the FullScreen Magnifier function.
|Fn+PrtSc||Has the same function as the SysRq key.|
|Fn+ScrLk||Enable or disable the numeric keypad.|
|Fn+Pause||Has the same function as the Break key.|
|Fn+cursor keys||These key combinations work with Windows Media Player. Fn+down arrow key works for the Play or Pause button, Fn+up arrow key for the Stop button, Fn+right arrow key for the Next Track button, and Fn+left arrow key for the Previous Track button.|