|Fn + F1||Reserved|
|Fn + F2||Reserved|
|Fn + F3|
Turn off the LCD display, leaving the screen blank. Hard drive spin-down while CPU still works. To turn the LCD display on again, press any key or the TrackPoint stick.
|Fn + F4|
This function causes the system to enter a low power sleep state. The unit may remain in the Sleep state for an extended time. For ACPI systems the OS will determine which state the system will enter by user setting on the control panel.
|Fn + F5|
Wireless radio on/off switching
Enable or disable the built-in wireless networking features (the IEEE 802.11 standard and wireless WAN if available), and the Bluetooth features. If this combination of keys are pressed, a list of wireless features is displayed in the Wireless Radio Control window. The user can quickly change the power state of each feature in the list.
|Fn + F6||Reserved|
|Fn + F7|
Switching the display output location
Switch between the system display and an external monitor. If an external monitor is attached, system output is displayed in the following three patterns by turns:
- External monitor (CRT display)
- System display and external monitor (LCD + CRT display)
- System display (LCD)
- For any operating system other than Windows 2000 or Windows XP, no additional procedure is needed; just press Fn+F7.
- This function does not work when different desktop images are displayed on the system display and the external monitor (the Extend desktop function).
- This function does not work while a DVD movie or a video clip is playing.
- For Windows 2000 or Windows XP, a hotkey application might take over the switching function.
|Fn + F8|
|Fn + F9|
Issue device ejection
Open the ThinkPad EasyEject Utility screen. Buttons for the following choices are displayed:
- Run EasyEject Actions: User can select, stop, and remove external devices connected to the ThinkPad system.
- Configure EasyEject Actions: User can open the ThinkPad EasyEject Utility main window.
- Fn+F9 Settings: Configures the settings for the Fn+F9 function.
Note: This function is supported only in Windows 2000 and Windows XP.
|Fn + F10||Reserved|
|Fn + F11||Reserved|
|Fn + F12|
Turn hibernation mode on. To return to normal operation, press the power button for less than four seconds.
Note: To use Fn+F12 for hibernation in Windows 2000 and Windows XP, you must have the ThinkPad PM device driver installed on your system.
|Fn + Home||LCD brightness up|
The LCD becomes brighter.
|Fn + End||LCD brightness down|
The LCD becomes less bright.
|Fn + Spacebar|
Enable the FullScreen Magnifier function.