ThinkPad will have a possibility of taking 10 minutes to boot the Operating System (OS) after BIOS is updated.
ThinkPad X200, X200s, X200 Tablet with the Intel Management Engine (ME) firmware version 4.0.8 build 1139.
There are two ways to solve this symptom.
- Remove a coin battery for 30 seconds to reset ME.
- Some BIOS setup data will be lost.
- You may be asked for time/date at startup.
- The power on password needs to be set again.
- Download the latest ME firmware update from the following sites:
Cause of the problem:
Some data in ME will be reset incompletely after BIOS update and ME takes 10 minutes to retry reading them. The ME first release built in the ThinkPad units and recently released BIOS fitted for the latest ME may have a chance of some mismatch in that part.
Preventing the symptom:
Obtain the latest ME firmware (see solution above) and apply update before BIOS update.