For ThinkPad X200, T400/T500, T410/T510 (Windows 7 systems), the ThinkPad USB Secure Hard Disk Drive (HDD) cannot be accessed after resuming from hibernation, even after entering the correct password and the LED turning green.
How to reproduce the issue:
- Plug in the ThinkPad USB Secure HDD and input the User Password.
- Enter hibernation mode, the USB secure HDD will lock itself.
- Resume from hibernation and input the password again to unlock the drive.
- LED turns green from red, but the drive icon will not show in "My computer".
Any of the following options:
- 160GB ThinkPad USB Portable Secure Hard Drive (43R2018)
- 320GB ThinkPad USB Portable Secure Hard Drive (43R2019)
On any of the following systems:
- ThinkPad X200
- ThinkPad T400/T500
- ThinkPad T410/T510
With the following Operating System (OS):
- Use the "Safely Remove Hardware" function to remove the USB HDD from the OS or unplug the USB HDD before the system enters hibernation mode.
- Unplug the ThinkPad USB Secure HDD from the host computer and plug it in again, then input your password. The drive will now be accessible.