If you put the ThinkPad to sleep or into hibernation on AC power, the high definition (HD) audio controller continues to use power. In addition, if the ThinkPad system is transitioned to DC (battery) power either before or after the computer is in sleep or hibernation mode, The HD audio controller still uses power.
Any of the following ThinkPad systems with High Definition Audio running on Windows Vista SP1 or SP2:
- L410, L510
- R60, R60e, R61, R61e, R61i
- R400, R500
- SL300, SL400, SL400c, SL410, SL500, SL500c, SL510
- T60, T60p, T61, T61p
- T400, T400s, T500
- W500, W700, W700ds
- X60, X60s, X60 Tablet, X61, X61s, X61 Tablet
- X200, X200s, X200 Tablet, X300, X301
- Z60m, Z60t, Z61e, Z61m, Z61p, Z61t
Request the hotfix 970030 from the Microsoft web site and install it on your ThinkPad system.
It will increase the battery life on your ThinkPad system significantly while in sleep or hibernation mode.