Version 7FETA9WW (2.27)
BIOS: 2.27 / ECP: 1.08
- (New) Updated the Computrace part in the BIOS.
- (Fix) Fixed an issue where the computer might not start when a new ThinkPad Hard Drive Bay Adapter was installed in the Docking Station.
Version 7FETA8WW (2.26)
- (Fix) (On Windows Vista) The Fn+Home/End key operation to adjust the screen brightness does not work when the lid is closed to enter sleep mode with battery-powered and the AC adapter is attached to the computer with the lid closed and then the lid is opened to resume normal operation.
Version 7FETA7WW (2.25)
- (New) Enhancement of security function.
- (Fix) The hard disk password of hard disk installed in the Docking Station can not be replaced with your fingerprint.
- (Fix) The computer may hang while formatting CardBus ATA drive on Windows Vista 64-bit SP1.
Version 7FETA6WW (2.24)
- (New) Added the new BIOS Setup option to avoid system hang even if the AC adapter is removed from the ThinkPad Advanced Mini Dock while the computer is attached to it.
- *How to enable: Set the Legacy Devices on Mini-Dock option to 'Disabled' of Docking Station of Config in BIOS Setup menu.
- *Note: A serial and a parallel port on the Mini-Dock will be disabled with this setup.
- (Fix) Wake on LAN (WOL) may fail.
Version 7FETA5WW (2.23)
- (New) A design change that the screen is set to extended desktop mode with an external display and "When I close the lid of my portable computer" option in the power option is set to "Do nothing", and when the lid is closed;
- (Old) The extended display mode is canceled and video output is switched to the external display only, so icons on the desktop will be moved.
- (New) The extended display mode is kept and video output is not switched, so icons on the desktop are not moved.
Version 7FETA4WW (2.22)
- (New) Function enhancement of capturing the BIOS configuration information on the computer by BIOS Settings Capture/Playback Utility.
- (Fix) Once a fingerprint matching fails on the fingerprint sensor at power-on time, a power-on password prompt may appear immediately without retries of fingerprint detection.
- (Fix) Fingerprint matching fails on the fingerprint sensor at power-on time if a USB device is detached from the computer during fingerprint's authentication.
- (Fix) The computer may hang at the power-on if device configuration is changed in the BIOS Setup immediately after resuming normal operation from hibernation mode.
- (Fix) An error may occur at the power-on after ThinkPad BIOS Settings for Windows runs and then the computer goes into hibernation mode.
Version 7FETA3WW (2.21)
- (New) (AMD video models only) Support for a new type of video memory.
Note: By this update, downgrading the BIOS to the version 2.1 or lower can not be done on the AMD video models.
- (Fix) (AMD video models only) Flicker may occur on the specific external display.
- (Fix) The computer may not resume from suspend mode when a USB mouse is connected to it on Windows Vista.
- (Fix) When running on battery power, high pitch noise sound may be audible while a USB1.1 device is connected.
Version 7FETA0WW (2.18)
Version 7FET99WW (2.17)
- (New) Support for Intel Virtualization Technology. A new Intel Virtualization Technology option is added to the CPU of the Config menu in BIOS Setup Utility.
Note: The option is set to "disabled" after the BIOS update.
- (Fix) The screen resolution of external display attached to the mini-dock may be changed from SXGA to XGA when the computer is attached/ detached to/from the mini-dock repeatedly (Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 models only)
- (Fix) The system may fail to boot from the optical drive.
Version 7FET98WW (2.16)
- [Important] This BIOS contains a critical processor microcode update to improve system reliability. Lenovo highly recommends that you apply this BIOS update.
- (Fix) Upgraded to the latest microcode update for Intel Core 2 Duo processor.
Version 7FET97WW (2.15)
- [Important] (Windows Vista only) The computer may stop booting from the hard drive with the following error message.
2100: Initialization error on HDD0 (Main hard disk drive)
Version 7FET96WW (2.14)
- (Fix) SMBIOS does not recognize the Modem jack (RJ-11).
- (Fix) A yellow question mark (?) mark may appear on the Texas Instruments PCI-1510 CardBus Controller device in the Device Manager.
Version 7FET94WW (2.12)
- (New) Support for Microsoft Windows Vista.
- (Fix) DOS EMM386.EXE causes system hang or data corruption in USB memory when the DOS operating system boots from the USB memory.
- (Fix) While using battery power during DVD playback, Windows blue screen error may occur. (ATI video chip models)
Version 7FET93WW (2.11)
- (Fix) If the computer is forcibly shut down by special conditions (such like, pressing the power button for a few seconds or battery down in suspend mode), the computer may not work after power on.
Version 7FET91WW (2.09)
- (Fix) If a supervisor password is installed, input of the supervisor password may be required while BIOS update to version 2.04 or 2.06.
Version 7FET88WW (2.06)
- (New) (Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 model only) Support for video memory size up to 224MB.
Note: Video memory size is always shown as 224MB, however, only required size by 3D software will be actually allocated up to 224MB..
Version 7FET86WW (2.04)
- (Fix) In the BIOS version 2.04, the screen color in the VGA mode (shown in BIOS Setup menu, for example) may not be correct.
- (Fix) After closing and then opening the LCD, location of icons on the Windows desktop may be changed.
Note: To resolve this problem, after updating the BIOS with this package, the following display driver must be installed, again. Video driver Intel 900/950/910GML/915GM/940GML/945GM Version 126.96.36.19993 or higher
Version 7FET53WW (1.13)
- (New) Support for new ThinkPad Z61e/Z61m/Z61p/Z61t models in October/2006.
- (New) Support for some wide screen modes. - (New) Enhancement of power management.
- (Fix) If the computer is undocked from its docking station without correct Windows "Undock Computer" procedures, USB devices may not be recognized after hot-docking.
- (Fix) Ethernet device appears in "Safely Remove Hardware" menu.
- (New) Support for a new type of video memory (ThinkPad Z61m with ATI Mobility-RADEON X1300/X1400 video chip).
- (New) Upgraded to latest microcode update for Intel Core processor. (BIOS)
- (Fix) Unable to rotate LCD screen in 1920x1200 resolution, 32bit color mode (ThinkPad Z61p). (BIOS)
- (Fix) When the Password reset service of BIOS Setup is enabled and Passphrase is disabled, Power On Password or HDP may not be unlocked with a registered password by the Password reset service. (BIOS)
- (Fix) Hard drive reset may not be issued to secondary hard drive of Docking station when communication reset is required. (BIOS)
- (Fix) Fails to boot from a USB device while the global switch being off. (BIOS)
- (Fix) Entering standby may fail in a certain case. USB host controller setting is changed to fix. (BIOS)
- (Fix) Display switching to external Display or Projector via Presentation Director sometimes fails. (BIOS)
- Fix) USB device enumeration fails at hot dock after undock without eject PC. (BIOS)
- (Fix) IR device appears on device manager in non-IR model. (BIOS)
- (Fix) Stops checking battery voltage for a while after starting trickle charge. (EC)
Version 7FET50WW (1.10)
- (New) Support for ThinkPad Z61p.
- (Fix) The computer may detect Bluetooth device not existing.
- (Fix) The computer may hang very intermittently when ThinkVantage Active Protection System accesses its sensor.
Version 7FET48WW (1.08)
- (New) Support for 1280x768 resolution panel.
- (Fix) Improved frame drop during DVD playback in battery mode.
- (Fix) Spontaneous wrong key may be input when you press keys on the external PS/2 type keyboard.
- Numeric characters (2, 4, 6 and 8) may be inserted while the cursor keys are pressed.
- Shift key operation is done without pressing the shift key.
- Only upper case characters are typed.
- Multiple selections with the cursor keys.
- Numeric keypad may work as the cursor keys.
Version 7FET46WW (1.06)
Version 7FET45WW (1.05)
- (Fix) The function to disable Infrared Device in BIOS Setup Utility does not work correctly (BIOS).
- (New) Support for ThinkPad Z61m, Z61t, and Z61e.
Any of the following systems:
- ThinkPad Z61e
- ThinkPad Z61m
- ThinkPad Z61p
- ThinkPad Z61t
Click here to download the latest BIOS update (Utility).
Click here to download the latest BIOS update (Bootable CD).