The system may fail to boot or complete post during startup, or it may hang or power off during use. The cable insulation may be damaged.
Open case view showing chassis fan assembly. The fan cable harness may become pinched in-between the edge of the front chassis frame rail (green arrow) and the bottom edge of the front panel metal frame (red arrow).
Closed case view with front panel and fan mesh removed. The fan cable harness may become pinched between the edges of the front and bottom metal frames.
The cable will be damaged as illustrated below
Any of the following systems:
- ThinkCentre A50 (type 8320, 8419)
- ThinkCentre A51 (type 8424, 8425, 8428)
- ThinkCentre A52 (type 8155, 8156, 8157, 8158, 8159, 8160, 8289, 8298, 8328, 8341, 8344, 8382)
- ThinkCentre M52 (type 8099, 8116, 8215, 9210, 9211)
- ThinkCentre S50 (type 8092, 8183, 8184, 8416, 8417, 8418)
- ThinkCentre S51 (type 8098, 8171, 8172, 8173)
Repair or replace cables as necessary. Route the cables to prevent pinching.