|The TrackPoint center button can be used to scroll through documents or Web pages. It can also be used to activate a magnifying glass that enlarges items on the screen.|
- Place the cursor over the document or Web page that you would like to scroll through.
- Press and hold down the TrackPoint center button. The scrolling icon will replace the cursor icon on your display to indicate that the TrackPoint scrolling function has been enabled.
- To scroll through the document or Web page, continue to hold down the TrackPoint center button and push the TrackPoint in the direction you want to scroll. You can scroll both vertically and horizontally.
Note: The harder you push on the TrackPoint, the faster the document or Web page will scroll. The TrackPoint scrolling feature can also scroll the document or Web page directly beneath the cursor on your display. This allows you to scroll documents or Web pages behind the active application window.
- Place the cursor over the portion of the screen you want to magnify.
- Press and hold down the TrackPoint center button. The magnifying glass window will open and magnify the area beneath the cursor on your display. The magnifying glass icon will also appear on your display to indicate that the TrackPoint magnifying glass function is enabled.
- To position the magnifying glass over a different portion of the screen, push the TrackPoint in the direction you wish to move while continuing to hold down the TrackPoint center button.
Note: To close the magnifying glass window, press the TrackPoint center button again. If you do not press the TrackPoint center button again to close the magnifying glass, it will disappear automatically after 15 seconds. With the magnifying glass open, you can keep the contents of the magnifying glass in focus while you move the cursor and activate another application window.
You can quickly change properties of the magnifying glass window by clicking the left or right TrackPoint button while holding down the TrackPoint center button. This will allow you to adjust magnification power as well as adjust the size of the magnifying glass. This menu also allows you to Copy Magnifying Glass to Clipboard. This function will copy the contents of the magnifying glass and allow you to paste them elsewhere. The 1xZoom in combination with the Custom Glass Size is particularly useful for copying small portions of an application window. To modify the size of the Custom Glass, see Adjusting settings for the TrackPoint center button below.
You can quickly switch between the TrackPoint center button functions or disable the center button function through the TrackPoint or UltraNav menu in the System Tray.
- To open the System Tray menu, click the TrackPoint or UltraNav icon on the System Tray.
- Select TrackPoint Settings and enable the center button function you wish to use by selecting Scrolling or Magnifying Glass. To disable both the Scrolling and Magnifying Glass center button functions, select Neither.
Note: If you select Scrolling within TrackPoint Settings of the System Tray menu, you will need to select the type of scrolling you prefer: Standard, Smooth, or Auto-Select.
You can adjust settings for the TrackPoint center button within the TrackPoint or UltraNav Properties panel of Mouse Properties (TrackPoint or UltraNav dependent on model).
- To locate the TrackPoint or UltraNav Properties panel, click Start, click Control Panel.
- Click Switch to Category View.
- Double-click Mouse, select the TrackPoint or UltraNav tab (depending on model). You can also go directly to Mouse Properties by selecting TrackPoint Properties in the System Tray menu of a TrackPoint system or by selecting Advanced Settings... in the System Tray menu of an UltraNav system. If you have an UltraNav model, you will have to click the TrackPoint Settings button to go to TrackPoint Properties panel.
- Select Scrolling, Magnifying Glass, or Neither in the Choose Scrolling or Magnifying Glass Function.
- To adjust the settings for either the Scrolling function or the Magnifying Glass function, click Settings...
- Within the Center Button Settings panel, select the type of scrolling you wish to use with the scrolling function.
- Select the magnification power and glass size for the Magnifying Glass function. If you select Custom glass size, you can specify the pixel width and height for the magnifying glass.
- Click Apply,then click OK.