Selecting Customize Settings during the initial OS install will allow for in-depth configuration of the system prior to and during Windows setup. The enable or disable is a slider switch, Orange color indicates On, Grey color indicates Off.
The choices are:
- Enable sharing and connectivity to the device for home or work networks or disable sharing and connectivity for public networks
- Automatically install windows Updates, automatically install device drivers for newly discovered devices, automatically get device apps and info for new devices
- Turn on MSIE Smart filter to check websites, downloads with Microsoft, Turn on Smart Screen Filter to check files and apps with Microsoft
- Next screen provides multiple options to provide feedback to MS for various functions and applications of Windows 8
- Ability to check Online for common Windows issues, and allow data sharing between apps and user account.
- Create or sign into a Microsoft hosted email service, by default, Hotmail is selected for new accounts. The bottom options allows windows to use a local administrator account to log into the system, as opposed to an online account.
- If online account is selected, but not created on previous screen, then the option to log into an existing account is presented.
- Online account security verification and alternate contact method.
- Online account or local account creation occurs.
- Windows finalizes all settings previously selected and user login screen is presented.
- After successful login, then user account data and folders is created
- Windows 8 Start Screen, which denotes a successful OS install.