|Ethernet driver (Intel PRO/1000 LAN adapter) may not be loaded intermittently when your system boots up without Ethernet cable attached. |
The following ThinkPad systems with SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10 may be affected by this symptom:
- Start SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10 with Ethernet cable attached.
- In a terminal window, use the su (switch user) command to obtain root privileges.
- Copy the attached script to the hard drive, for example, /home/drivers directory.
- Change directory to the location where you saved the file.
- Type './vidalia-eeprom-mod-script eth0'.
- Shutdown and reboot your system.
Note: Please attach Ethernet cable so 'eth0' is available.
Click here to download vidalia-eeprom-mod-script.