How to install and uninstall programs properly?
During installation never abort the install process by powering the system off or through other drastic means. This can cause system program disorder or even failure during system initialization.
Use the following procedure to properly uninstall programs:
1. Backup all documents and system settings related to the program before removing it.
2. If the program has its own uninstaller, run it directly to uninstall the program.
3. If the program does not have its own uninstaller, then select Control Panel from Start menu.
4. From the Control Panel, choose Programs and Functions.
5. Find the applicable program from the Programs and Functions dialog box and then select Uninstall/Modify.
6. Perform the instructions displayed to uninstall the software.