This article introduces the method of turning on or off the WiFi on ideapad or Lenovo laptops with Windows 7 preloaded.
- Press Fn+F5 (or F5). Lenovo Wireless Device Settings window will show. If it fails to display, it may due to that energy management has not been installed correctly. Check Why "Lenovo Wireless Device Settings" window not show after pressing "FN+F5" to troubleshoot.
- On Lenovo Wireless Device Settings window, set Wireless Network Card on to enable the WiFi, off to disable it.
For machines (mostly manufactured before 2010) configured with physical switch of WLAN, the button must be switched on first before you press Fn+F5 to get Lenovo Wireless Devices Settings window to turn on or off the WiFi, otherwise wireless network cannot be used.
- Go to the Start Menu and select Control Panel.
- Click the Network and Internet category and then select Networking and Sharing Centre.
- From the options on the left-hand side, select Change adapter settings.
- Right-click on the icon for Wireless Connection and click enable. You'll now be able to connect to a WiFi network from the Network and Sharing center.
Note:- There may be a more than one wireless network adapter icon as showed in the image below, Select the one that is associated with your network card ( Example Broadcom, Intel etc )