The system may not resume when in Standby mode.
The above symptom is associated with, but not limited to, the following systems:
The system is configured with:
The symptom may occur with the following two conditions together:
- System Board part number is 0B03608, and
- Embedded Controller firmware version is 9BCT32A (see BIOS Setup to confirm)
Do not replace any hardware for this issue. User should update the Embedded Controller (EC) firmware to version 9BCT33A, or greater.
User should update to BIOS version 9BKT41A before installing new EC firmware.
Click here to below download BIOS version 9BKT41A.
Follow the instructions below to update the Embedded Controller (EC):
- Download the flash from operating system ThinkCentre M90z BIOS package 9BJY41USA.exe from Lenovo support website.
NOTE: Only 9BJY41UAS, or above, BIOS contains EC version 33A.
- Run 9BJY41USA.exe and extract files to a folder. The default folder is C:\SWTOOLS\FLASH\9BJY41USA.
- Navigate to the folder where the files were extracted. Run the flash.cmd to update the BIOS to 9BKT41A. Using administrator privileges, run ec.cmd to flash EC firmware up to 9BCT33A. Do not power off system flashing EC firmware. The system must reboot after flashing new EC firmware.
- The EC version can be checked in the BIOS setup screen. NOTE: The BIOS version and EC firmware version may not match.