The ThinkVision L171 17-inch LCD monitor offers:
- 17-inch (432-mm) viewable image size
- Native resolution of 1280 x 1024
- Slim bezel saves space
- Adjustable tilt stand for viewing comfort
- Direct access for automatic image setup and brightness for quick and easy monitor setup
- Attachment points for optional USB Soundbar (40Y7616)
- Analog video connection
- Internal power
- Kensington lock slot
- EPEAT (the Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool) Silver certified
- Meets 100 mm VESA standard for mounting
- Detachable stand for wall or arm (sold separately) mounting
- Available in Business Black
VESA is a registered trademark of the Video Electronics Standards Association.
|LCD size and type||17.0-in (432 mm) LCD|
|Viewable image size||17.0-in/432 mm|
|Maximum viewable area||340 x 272 mm|
|Brightness (typical)||300 cd/m2|
|Contrast (typical)||700 : 1|
|Colors||> 16.0 million|
|Viewing angle (typical)|
Horizontal: 140 degrees
|Vertical: 135 degrees|
|Cell response time (typical)||5 ms|
|RGB vertical stripe pixel pitch||0.264 mm|
|Video input||15-pin D|
|Tilt||4 degrees forward|
|30 degrees backward|
|Factory-preset display modes||15|
|SYNC on green||No|
|ISO 13406 Part 2||Yes|
|VESA DPMS power management capable||Yes|
|Power cord - detached||1.8 m|
|FCC B compliance||Yes|
|MPR-2 emission compliance||Yes|
|MPR-3 emission compliance||Yes|
|TCO'99 Environmental Label||Yes|
Declared acoustical noise emissions LWAU = 4.5 bels or less. The noise emission level stated is the declared (upper limit) A-weighted sound power level, in bels, for a random sample of monitors. All measurements are made in accordance with ANSI S12.10 and reported in conformance with ISO/DIS 7779.
Note: Actual power consumption depends on the screen mode used, the images displayed, and how user controls are set.
Note: With the exception of the models for U.S., Canada, and Japan, the power cords (based on the country order code) are supplied by distribution centers.
- One monitor
- Tilt stand with customer-installed base
- Attached 1.8-meter (5.9-foot) analog video signal cable (15-pin D to 15-pin D)
- Power cord
- A 3 -> 2 pin AC adapter (Japan only)
- A Japanese proof of purchase card (Japan only)
- CD containing multilingual user's guide, set-up test pattern, and .INF file
- Setup Poster
- Safety, Troubleshooting and Warranty Guide
Three years - Customer Carry-in or Mail-in using Rapid Replacement Service
- Announce date: 23 Oct 2007
- Planned availability date: 26 Oct 2007 (Asia Pacific)
- Planned availability date: 2 Nov 2007 (Canada, Europe/Middle East/Africa, Latin America, United States)
The ThinkVision L171 17-inch LCD monitor is intended to operate with system units or video adapters that generate a video output signal falling within the monitor's specification:
- Maximum addressability (pixels) 1280 x 1024
- Maximum pixel rate (MHz) 140
The monitor supports VESA Standard Timings as detailed in "Display Monitor Timing Specification," Version 1.0, Revision 0.8, dated September 17, 1998, for the following modes:
- VGA: 640 x 480 at 60, 66, 72, and 75 Hz
- SVGA: 800 x 600 at 60, 72, and 75 Hz
- XGA: 1024 x 768 at 60, 70, and 75 Hz
- SXGA: 1280 x 1074 at 60, 70, and 75 Hz
The monitor also supports the following modes:
Note: National language support is a function of the video adapter in the system unit and the application or support software.
- 640 x 350 at 70 Hz
- 720 x 400 at 70 Hz
- 1280 x 1024 at 76 Hz
Dimensions (landscape orientation) and weight of the monitor and stand (9227AC6):
|Width||14.6 in (371 mm)||15.9 in (405 mm)|
|Depth||6.4 in (162 mm)||18.1 in (460 mm)|
|Height||15.2 in (387 mm)||6.7 in (170 mm)|
|Weight||10.8 lb (4.9 kg)||13.9 lb (6.3 kg)|
Dimensions (landscape orientation) and weight of the monitor and stand (9227AD1):
|Width||14.6 in (371 mm)||17.2 in (436 mm)|
|Depth||6.8 in (173.2 mm)||6.9 in (175 mm)|
|Height||15.2 in (387 mm)||14.8 in (375 mm)|
|Weight||9.1 lb (4.2 kg)||11.7 lb (5.3 kg)|
Actual power consumption depends on the chosen display mode, the images displayed, and user control settings.
- Input voltage: 100 to 240 V ac +/- 10%
- Frequency: 50/60 Hz +/-3 Hz
- Power consumption:
- Normal use: < 28 watts typical
- VESA standby: < 2 watts
- VESA suspend: < 2 watts
- VESA off: < 1 watt
- Maximum earth leakage current:
- < 3.5 mA at 264 V
- < 0.25 mA at 100 V
- Microsoft Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista Basic
- MPR-2 (Sweden)
- ENERGY STAR 4.0 (U.S.)
- ISO 13406-Part 2
- Software: Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/Vista Basic
UL (U.S.), CSA/cUL (Canada) IEC950 CB Report, NEMKO (Norway), SEMKO, DEMKO (Denmark), FIMKO (Finland), TUV, CCC (China), NOM, SASO, GOST, PSB (Singapore), Jordan, BSMI, Australia, JEITA, UL-S (Argentina), Green Mark (Taiwan), FCC B (U.S.), IC (Canada), CE (Europe), (MIC) Korea, VCCI Class B (Japan), South Africa, New Zealand
- Not all supported display modes which run at high refresh rates are necessary for flicker-free performance. Display modes at lower refresh rates are available for compatibility with older video adapters and system units and will not be ISO-compliant.
- Supported display modes are a function of the attaching system unit and video subsystem. The full range of display modes available with these monitors may not be available or supported with all combinations of system units, their operating systems, video adapter cards, and application software.
- Horizontal- and vertical-synchronization signal timings are critical in order to achieve acceptable screen images. As a consequence, support for all possible variations in H- and V-sync timings for any display mode cannot be assumed.
- Adjustment of the user controls to enlarge the image to its maximum size requires that the signal timings of the display mode being used fall within the monitor-timing specifications.
- The number of colors shown in any display mode will exceed 16 million and is dependent on the capabilities of the video adapter in the system unit.
- The ThinkVision L171 17-inch LCD monitor provides FCC class B - residential installation - compliance in all display modes.
- Implementation of monitor power management follows the VESA DPMS standard. This standard must also be implemented in the attaching system unit hardware and software for monitor power management to be effective. The system implementation must provide user-adjustable, power-down delay periods. The monitor power management function is invoked only after appropriate signals are received from an attached system unit or video adapter.
- Implementation of monitor Plug and Play follows the VESA DDC standard. This standard must also be implemented in the attaching system unit hardware and software for monitor Plug and Play to be effective.
- Certain functions require the system unit to be similarly configured, so all monitor functions may not be enabled when attached to a particular system unit.
- A 17.0-inch (432-mm) TFT monitor has nearly 4.0 million sub pixel transistors laid over an area exceeding 141 square inches. Cost effective manufacturing processes introduce a small number of defective sub pixel transistors. The ThinkVision L171 17-inch LCD monitor meets the ISO 13406-2 Class II Pixel Defect Standard.
- Use of 50% gray background is not recommended since some users may see undesirable FOS effects.
- The Auto-Setup "test pattern" can be used with Microsoft Windows 3.1, Windows NT 3.5, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 2000, and DOS 7.0 only.