Any of the following systems running Microsoft Windows XP Home, Windows XP Professional:
- ThinkCentre M58 (all models)
- ThinkCentre M58p (all models)
Note: The system is configured with two hard drives and RAID 0 or 1 will be used.
Steps to configure RAID 0 or 1.
Note: RAID 1 setup example shown below.
- Ensure two hard drives are installed, typically, the same capacity per hard drive is best practices.
- The Primary Startup Sequence is shown below at this stage.
- Enter Setup and enable RAID as shown below.
- Hit CTRL+I on boot to enter the Intel Matrix Storage Manger as shown below.
- Select option 1 to create a RAID 0 or 1 volume.
a.) Enter a Name and select RAID level.
b.) Select Disks. if necessary.
c.) Highlight Create Volume and hit Enter.
- A warning message will pop up when you Create Volume as seen here. Select Y.
- Next, select the Exit option and another warning will pop up. Select Y to exit and reboot.
- On reboot, you will see the following screen displaying the RAID configuration and status.
- You must enter Setup and configure the Primary Startup Sequence since the RAID Volume denoted as PCI SCSI: "name" is typically not included by default as seen here. (initially added to the Excluded from boot order:)
- The typical Primary Startup Sequence is shown below after proper configuration. (Moved the PCI SCSI: Intel Test from Excluded to the Startup Sequence) Item 4 below
At this point, the operating system can be installed.
- For F6 install with XP using a floppy disk, download the drivers found in document MIGR-70696.
- Run the program to extract the drivers to C:\SWTOOLS\DRIVERS\RAID\a1rad06us13
- Copy the drivers to a floppy disk
- Select the "Intel(R) ICH8R/ICH9R/ICH10R/DO SATA RAID Controller" from the list.
List presented on the screen:
- Intel(R) ESB2 SATA AHCI Controller
- Intel(R) ICH7R/DH SATA AHCI Controller
- Intel(R) ICH7M/MDH SATA AHCI Controller
- Intel(R) ICH8R/DH/DO SATA AHCI Controller
- Intel(R) ICH8M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller
- Intel(R) ICH9R/DO/DH SATA AHCI Controller
- Intel(R) ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller
- Intel(R) ICH10D/DO SATA AHCI Controller
- Intel(R) ICH10R SATA AHCI Controller
- Intel(R) ESB2 SATA RAID Controller
- Intel(R) ICH7R/DH SATA RAID Controller
- Intel(R) ICH7MDH SATA RAID Controller
- Intel(R) ICH8R/ICH9R/ICH10R/DO SATA RAID Controller <-----------
- Intel(R) ICH8M-E/ICH9M-E SATA RAID Controller
- Continue the install following the on screen prompts.