When using the AT&T wireless WAN card, how to use Access Connections to connect.
Any ThinkPad systems running Access Connections for Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7 with embedded Wireless WAN card:
- A20m, A20p, A21e, A21m, A21p, A22e, A22m, A22p
- A30, A30p, A31, A31p
- Edge 13, Edge 14, Edge 15
- Edge E30, Edge E40, Edge E50
- G40, G41
- L410, L412, L510, L512
- Reserve Edition
- R30, R31, R32, R40, R40e, R50, R50e, R50p, R51, R51e, R52, R60, R60e, R60i, R61, R61e, R61i
- R400, R500
- SL300, SL400, SL400c, SL410, SL500, SL500c, SL510
- T20, T21, T22, T23, T30, T40, T40p, T41, T41p, T42, T42p, T43, T43p, T60, T60p, T61, T61p
- T400, T400s, T410, T410i, T410s, T410si, T500, T510, T510i
- W500, W510, W700, W700ds, W701, W701ds
- X20, X21, X22, X23, X24, X30, X31, X32, X40, X41, X41 Tablet
- X60, X60s, X60 Tablet, X61, X61s, X61 Tablet
- X100e, X200, X200s, X200 Tablet, X201, X201i, X201s, X201 Tablet, X300, X301
- Z60m, Z60t, Z61e, Z61m, Z61p, Z61t
Access Connections v5.61 or later will automatically create a profile for AT&T Mobile Broadband if the AT&T SIM card is in the system when Access Connection starts.
Please upgrade to version 5.61 or later using the appropriate link for your Operating System version.
Otherwise, please see the below instructions on manually creating an AT&T Mobile Broadband profile.
How to manually create an AT&T Wireless Broadband connection in Access Connections.
- Open Access Connections and click on the button in the upper right marked Switch to: if it says Advanced. It is says Basic, go to the next step.
- Click on the Mobile Broadband radio button.
- Selecting the Location Profiles Tab.
- Click on Create button to open the "Create New Profile" window.
- Enter name of Location profile in this case AT&T and Select network type as "Wireless WAN". Click Next to advance to the next screen.
- Select Connect to HSDPA/GPRS network using Access Connections and click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Click Yes to apply profile.
Note: You can create the above profile without any SIM present in the system, but will receive an error when applying the profile that the SIM card is not present. You would also receive this error is the SIM card is improperly installed and cannot be read.
- If the AT&T SIM is not activated, the connection failed with the following message.
- Click Yes to launch Lenovo Mobile Broadband Connect to take you through the activation steps.
- To activate the AT&T SIM , click on Sign Up.
- Then Activate Now.
If you have any questions about the AT&T Mobile Broadband service, please contact AT&T at either the web address or phone number listed above.