System Update downloads data updates for software, drivers and BIOS from a Lenovo server directly over the Internet without requiring specific user knowledge of where the package is located or if it is needed by the target system.
System Update general features include:
- Active Directory support
- HTTP basic and NTLM proxy authentication support
- Silent script support
- Ability to easily identify applicable software, hardware, and solution offerings from Lenovo that can help you keep your maximize your computer performance
- Ability to scan updates from external media, local hard drive, or network location
- Direct connection to Lenovo Service and Support or a local repository configured by IT administrator for available Lenovo drivers, software, and BIOS updates
- Integration with other Lenovo applications, such as Rescue and Recovery, Client Security Solution, System Migration Assistant, and Access Connections
System Update administrator features include:
- Ability to modify and create custom update packages compatible with System Update, using Package Builder.
- Ability to create and manage a local repository, using Update Retriever.
- Ability to import custom packages and to retrieve updates from the Lenovo support site, using Update Retriever.
- Ability to customize System Update using ADM files and registry settings Administrator tools for System Update are available for on the Administrator Tools page.
ThinkVantage System Update is supported on the following systems:
- Lenovo 3000 C100, C200, N100, N200, N500, V100, V200 notebook computers
- Lenovo 3000 J100, J105, J110, J115, J200, J200p, J205, S200, S200p, S205 desktop computers
- All ThinkPad computers
- All ThinkCentre desktop computers
- All ThinkStation desktop computers
ThinkVantage System Update will support additional models as content is created for them.
The following operating systems are supported:
- Microsoft Windows 2000 with Service Pack 4 or higher
- Microsoft Windows XP (32-bit) with Service Pack 1, 2 and 3
- Microsoft Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit) Service Pack 1
- Microsoft Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit) Service Pack 2
Currently the following operating systems are NOT supported:
- Microsoft Windows 7 Beta
- Microsoft .NET Framework version 1.1 with Service Pack 1 or Microsoft .NET Framework version 2.0 is required for
System Update to work correctly. Use Microsoft Windows Update to ensure that Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
or 2.0 is installed on your system.
- For Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit) Service Pack 2, it is required to install the ThinkVantage System Update patch before running System Update. For more information click on the link below:
|Download ThinkVantage System Update Patch for Microsoft Windows Vista Service Pack 2|
For Microsoft Windows 7 users, kindly download ThinkVantage System Update 5.07.
Microsoft .NET Framework version 3.5 with Service pack 1 or above is required for System Update to work Correctly. Use Microsoft Windows Update to ensure that Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 or above is installed on your system.
System Update can be installed on Windows 2003. However, the Lenovo Support Center does not support Windows 2003. Therefore, when a user tries to search updates from the Lenovo Support Center, System Update will return nothing but an error number 42, which means the
Lenovo Support Center Center does not support the operating system.
Please refer to the README file (content in English) for the following:
- Installation Instructions
- Determining Which Version is Installed
- Complete list of summary of changes
- Known limitations (if any)