Note for ThinkPad X1 Carbon users:
This document supports both X1 Carbon (Type 3443, 3444, 3446, 3448, 3460, 3462, 3463) and X1 Carbon (Type 20A7, 20A8).
To find your X1 Carbon Type, please click here for more details.
The ThinkVantage(R) Rescue and Recovery(R) program is an essential tool that enables users and administrators to restore backups, access files, diagnose problems, and make Ethernet connections when the Microsoft(R) Windows(R) operating system cannot start or run correctly. It also enables administrators to deploy critical updates to systems that are corrupted or off the network. In addition, it can automatically apply patches to a system when a restore operation is performed.
The Rescue and Recovery program provides a workspace that runs independently of the Windows operating system. Thus, the Rescue and Recovery workspace enables you to perform rescue and recovery operations that might not be accomplished in the Windows operating system.
This package is intended for use with systems running Microsoft Windows 7.
- All ThinkCenter
- All ThinkStation
- ThinkPad(R) Reserve Edition
- ThinkPad L330，L412, L420, L421, L430, L435, L410, L440，L512, L520, L530, L535, L540，L450, L460, L510, L560
- ThinkPad S230u,
- ThinkPad S220，S420, S430, S440, S531, S540，S431, S530
- ThinkPad SL400, SL400C, SL500, SL500C, SL410, SL510，SL300
- ThinkPad T410, T410i, T410s, T410si, T420, T420i, T420s, T420si, T430, T430i, T430s, T430si, T430u, T431s, T440p, T431s, T440s, T440, T440u
- ThinkPad T510, T510i, T520, T520i, T530, T530i, T540, T540p, T400, T400s, T440P, T450, T450s, T460, T460s, T460P, T500,T550, T560
- ThinkPad W510, W520, W530，W500, W541, W550, W550s
- ThinkPad W701, W701ds, W700, W700ds, W540
- ThinkPad X1, X1 Carbon, X1 Hybrid, X1 Carbon 3rd,X1 Carbon 4th, X1 Yoga，X60, X61, X61s, X100e, X120e, X121e, X130, X131e, X140e
- ThinkPad X201, X201i, X201i Tablet, X201s, X201si, X220, X220i, X220i Tablet, X230, X230i, X230i Tablet, X230s, X240, X240s，X200, X200s, X200 Tablet, X201 Tablet,X220 Tablet , X230 Tablet, X250, X260，X300, X301
- ThinkPad S1 Yoga, S3 Yoga 14, S4 Yoga 15
- ThinkPad Edge 11, 13, 14, 15,
- ThinkPad Edge E10, E31，E30, E40, E50
- ThinkPad Edge E130, E135, E145, E120, E125
- ThinkPad Edge E220s
- ThinkPad Edge E320, E325, E330, E335
- ThinkPad Edge E420, E420s, E425, E430, E430c, E431, E435, E445, E440，E450, E455, E460, E465, E530c
- ThinkPad Edge E520, E525, E530, E530c, E531, E535, E545, E540, E531, E550, E555, E560, E565
- ThinkPad R400, R500，R60, R60e, R60i, R61, R61e, R61i
- ThinkPad Yoga 11e, 12, 13, 14, 15, 260, 460
- ThinkPad P40 Yoga，P50, P50s，P70，
- ThinkPad 11e
The Rescue and Recovery 4.52 program might also work properly on other computer models that meet the system requirements below.
However, no testing for the Rescue and Recovery 4.52 program has been done and no support is provided for using the program on
any computer model other than the computer models listed above.
- Chinese - Simplified
- Chinese - Traditional (Hong Kong)
- Chinese - Traditional (Taiwan)
- Portuguese - Brazil
- Latest version of the BIOS
- 1.5 GB of free hard disk drive space (required for installation)
- 512 MB of memory (recommended)
- 8 MB of VRAM (Video Random Access Memory) shared memory set in the BIOS
- Microsoft Windows 7 operating system or its later versions
Downloading the package
- Click the file links to download the files from the Web page.
- When prompted, select a drive and directory in which to save the downloaded files.
Installing the package
- Click Start
- Type tvtvrnr4.52_017xx.exe in the search bar (where xx is replaced with the appropriate two-digit country/language identifier), then press Enter. This will locate the file you just downloaded.
- If the file cannot be located, click search again in Computer
- Double-click the tvtvrnr4.52_017xx.exe icon.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
Alternative installation methods of this same version
|Individual language files for Large Enterprise|
|Single file including all supported languages (627 MB)|
The Rescue and Recovery program (version 4.52.017) in English (tvtvrnr4.52_017en.exe) has fixed the following issue:
Your computer is installed with the Windows 7 operating system and the Rescue and Recovery program (version 4.52.005 or earlier). When you restore the operating system using a recovery disc that you have created, the Please insert the disc labeled ‘Final X’. message is displayed. You must click OK to proceed.
The Rescue and Recovery program in other languages remains version 4.52.005 (tvtvrnr4.52_005xx.exe).