- If you attempt to uninstall the Intel Turbo Memory Driver, you will see a list of drivers to be removed. You may choose the Intel Turbo Memory Driver, but never select the Intel Matrix Storage Manager(IMSM) Driver. Your system may have a blue screen error because of lack of the IMSM.
- If Intel Matrix Storage Console with Device Driver is installed beforehand, Intel Turbo Memory Driver application link will be removed. In this case, this package needs to be re-installed.
- It is not recommended to use Intel Turbo Memory in a system with a SSD drive. It would be ideal to remove the Intel Turbo Memory module from the system, if SSD drive is used. Refer the hardware maintenance manual. Or set to disable Intel Turbo Memory as follows.
- Start Intel Turbo Memory Console.
- Uncheck "Enable Windows ReadyBoost" and "Enable Windows ReadyDrive".
- [Important] Important update
- (New) New function or enhancement
- (Fix) Correction to existing function
- (Fix) Added in this document the note that it is not recommended to use Intel Turbo Memory in a system with a SSD drive.
- (Fix) Fixed an issue where the system disk could not be converted to dynamic disk.
- [Important] Added support for Microsoft Windows 7.
- (New) Resumed support for ThinkPad X301.
- (New) Added support for ThinkPad T400s.
- (New) Updated Intel Matrix Storage Manager Driver to version 126.96.36.1999.
- (Fix) Fixed an issue that caused a blue screen system failure with more than 4 GB system memory.
- [Important] Dropped support for ThinkPad X301.
- (New) Support for ThinkPad W700ds.
- (New) Enhancement for device driver functionality.
- (New) Support for RAID mode.
- (New) Support for 4GB card.
- (New) Support for ThinkPad R400, R500, T400, T500, W500, X200.
- (New) Device Driver Functionality Enhancement
- (New) Support for ThinkPad W700 Non-RAID Model, X301 (added).
- (New) Support for ThinkPad X200s, X200 Tablet (added).
- (New) Support for the models with new microprocessors.
- (New) Support for ThinkPad X300 (added).
- (Fix) Intermittent blue screen system failure while the machine is carried.
- (Fix) Intermittent blue screen system failure during OS boot.
- (New) Support for ThinkPad X61, X61s, X61 Tablet.
- (New) Support for ThinkPad T61p.
- (New) (Initial release) Support for ThinkPad R61, T61, X61, X61s, X61 Tablet
Note: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the software. To determine if you should update the software, refer to the Version Information section.
This section assumes to use Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer.
- Click once on the underlined file name. Once this is done, some pop-up windows will appear.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- In the window to choose Run or Save, click the Save button.
- Choose the folder you would like to download the file to and click the Save button. A different window will appear and the download will begin and complete. Once the download has completed, there may or may not be a message stating that the download completed successfully.
- Make sure to be logged on with administrative privileges on the target computer.
- Locate the folder where the file was downloaded.
- Locate the file that was downloaded and double-click it.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- In the Select Destination Location window, click Next. If you would like to select a different folder, click Browse.
- In the Ready to Install window, click Install. All the necessary files will be extracted to the folder selected in Extracting File Step 9 .
- Make sure the checkbox next to Install ..... now is checked and click Finish.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete installation and restart the computer.
Finally delete the file saved in Downloading File Step 4.
Note: This is for system administrators' use only.
- Refer to the Manual Install section, and download and extract the file.
- In Step 1 of the Installing files section, uncheck the checkbox next to Install ..... now, and then click Finish to cancel installation.
- At the command line, execute setup.exe with the -s option.
Example: [Path where the files were extracted]\setup -s
[Intel Turbo Memory Controller]
- Click Start, then click Control Panel.
- Click System and Maintenance.
- Click System.
- Click Device Manager.
- Click the + sign in front of the Storage controllers category.
- Double-click Intel Flash Cache Logic Chip or Intel Turbo Memory Controller.
- Click the Driver tab. Then you will see the Driver Version.
[Intel 82801HEM / HBM SATA AHCI Controller,
Intel ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller or
Intel® ICH8M-E/ICH9M-E/M SATA RAID Controller]
- Click Start.
- Right-click Computer, and then click Properties.
- At the left pane, click Device Manager.
- Click the + sign in front of the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers or Storage controllers category.
- Double-click Intel® 82801HEM / HBM SATA AHCI Controller, Intel® ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller or Intel® ICH8M-E/ICH9M-E/M SATA RAID Controller.
- Click the Driver tab. Then you will see the driver version.