Consider the following before installing this code:
- Rescue and Recovery 4.52 is designed for the Windows 7 operating system. The previous versions of the Rescue and Recovery program for Windows 2000, Windows XP or Windows Vista® cannot be installed on Windows 7 operating system. Therefore, the Windows Installer does not support the over install behavior from previous versions of the Rescue and Recovery program.
- For Windows 2000, Windows XP or Windows Vista® users:
Click here and download Rescue and Recovery 4.23
- If you want to retain the ability to restore from backups created with a previous version of Rescue and Recovery, you must create a copy of your backup files on bootable, external recovery media before installing the latest version.
- To archive your backups, complete the following procedure:
- From the Rescue and Recovery main screen, click Backup, and then select Copy backups from hard drive from the drop-down list.
- Select the medium you want to save your backup files to by clicking the appropriate radio button. The backup files that will be copied are listed on the user interface.
- Click OK to continue
- You will need blank removable media when copying backups from the hard drive to CD or DVD. Make sure that you label each disc as it is created, and that you store them together in a safe place.
Note: You will be prompted to make the external media bootable at the beginning of the process.
- Before installing Rescue and Recovery on computers running the 64-bit version of Microsoft Windows 7, you must download and install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package (x64) SP1.
- The Sysprepbackup operation changes in the Windows 7 operating system because a new version of Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE) is built in the Windows 7 operating system. When you run the System Preparation Tool (Sysprep) and use the /generalize option, the Sysprep operation disables Windows RE by removing the Boot Configuration Data (BCD) entry to the Rescue and Recovery Pre Desktop Area (PDA). To make the Rescue and Recovery program work with Sysprepbackup in the Windows 7 operating system, you must download and install the Sysprepbackup accessory package.
Download Now for Windows 7
Consider the following when using this code:
- The Rescue and Recovery program version 4.52 works with the following software:
- Internet Explorer(R) Web browser version 6 or later
- Norton AntiVirus 2004
- Please refer to the "Rescue and Recovery Readme" file links above for installation instructions and additional considerations.
Note: If your computer is installed with Norton AntiVirus 2002 or 2003, you can upgrade the program to Norton AntiVirus 2004 for free at http://www.symantecstore.com/110005.
New in this release
- [Important] Important update
- (New) New function or enhancement
- (Fix) Correction to existing function
- [Important] Updated the Opera Web browser to version 11.51.
- (Fix) Fixed the issue that the unattended installation of the Rescue and Recovery program was stopped when the Predesktop Area (PDA) was not installed correctly.
- (Fix) Fixed the issue that the Rescue and Recovery program failed to back up the operating system due to the insufficient space in the hard disk drive (drive Q:).
- (Fix) Fixed the crash issue of the tvt_reg_monitor_svc.exe file
- (Fix) Fixed the misalignment issue between the backup screen of the Rescue and Recovery program and the simple Graphical User Interface (GUI) screen.
- All ThinkCentre(R) computers
- All ThinkStation(R) computers
- ThinkPad(R) Reserve Edition
- ThinkPad L330，L412, L420, L421, L430, L435, L410, L440，L512, L520, L530, L535, L540，L450, L460, L510, L560
- ThinkPad S230u,
- ThinkPad S220，S420, S430, S440, S531, S540，S431, S530
- ThinkPad SL400, SL400C, SL500, SL500C, SL410, SL510，SL300
- ThinkPad T410, T410i, T410s, T410si, T420, T420i, T420s, T420si, T430, T430i, T430s, T430si, T430u, T431s, T440p, T431s, T440s, T440, T440u
- ThinkPad T510, T510i, T520, T520i, T530, T530i, T540, T540pT400, T400s, T440P, T450, T450s, T460, T460s, T460P, T500, T550, T560
- ThinkPad W510, W520, W530，W500, W541, W550, W550s
- ThinkPad W701, W701ds, W700, W700ds, W540
- ThinkPad X1, X1 Carbon, X1 Hybrid, X1 Carbon 3rd,X1 Carbon 4th, X1 Yoga，X60, X61, X61s, X100e, X120e, X121e, X130, X131e, X140e
- ThinkPad X200, X200s, X200 Tablet, X201, X201i, X201i Tablet, X201s, X201si, X201 Tablet, X220, X220i, X220i Tablet, X220 Tablet, X230 Tablet, X230, X230i, X230i Tablet, X230s, X240, X240s， X250, X260， X300, X301
- ThinkPad S1 Yoga, S3 Yoga 14, S4 Yoga 15
- ThinkPad Edge 11, 13, 14, 15,
- ThinkPad Edge E10, E31，E30, E40, E50
- ThinkPad Edge E130, E135, E145, E120, E125
- ThinkPad Edge E220s
- ThinkPad Edge E320, E325, E330, E335
- ThinkPad Edge E420, E420s, E425, E430, E430c, E431, E435, E445, E440，E450, E455, E460, E465, E530c
- ThinkPad Edge E520, E525, E530, E530c, E531, E535, E545, E540, E531, E550, E555, E560, E565
- ThinkPad R400, R500，R60, R60e, R60i, R61, R61e, R61i
- ThinkPad Yoga 11e, 12, 13, 14, 15, 260, 460
- ThinkPad P40 Yoga，P50, P50s，P70，
- ThinkPad 11e
- The Rescue and Recovery 4.52 program might also work properly on other computer models that meet the system requirements below.
However, no testing for the Rescue and Recovery 4.52 program has been done and no support is provided for using the program on
any computer model other than the computer models listed above.
- Latest version of the BIOS
- 1.5 GB of free hard disk drive space (required for installation)
- 512 MB of memory (recommended)
- 8 MB of VRAM (Video Random Access Memory) shared memory set in the BIOS
- Microsoft Windows 7 operating system or its later versions
Need more information?