Some ThinkPad systems cannot use Triple Display Configuration when using two DVI digital ports.
- First Display: Active ThinkPad Display
- Second and Third Displays: Connected to DVI digital ports on ThinkPad Mini Dock Plus
The Triple Display Configuration will work correctly when using two DisplayPorts. The use of DP to DVI dongles is not a viable solution.The DisplayPortcables must be straight DP to DP connections.
The above symptom is associated with, but not limited to, the following systems:
System is configured with:
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Windows 8
To enable three displays on these machines, the configuration should be one of the following below:
- DisplayPort + DisplayPort + LCD
- DisplayPort + DisplayPort + VGA
- DisplayPort + DisplayPort + DVI (one DisplayPort is connected to system mini-DisplayPort port)
- DisplayPort + DisplayPort + DisplayPort (one DisplayPort is connected to system mini-DisplayPort port)
- See the picture below to verify that Intel Control Panel applet detects 3 monitors and 2 of the monitors are listed as Digital Displays. The use of DP to DVI dongles is not a supported alternative to using DP to DP cables.