This firmware update adds Windows 7 support to the HLDS GH40N DVD-Writer.
Any of the following systems running Microsoft Windows 7, but not limited to the following systems:
- ThinkCentre A57 (all models)
- ThinkCentre A58 (all models)
- ThinkCentre M58 (all models)
- ThinkCentre M58e (all models)
- ThinkCentre M58p (all models)
- ThinkStation D20 (all models)
- ThinkStation S20 (all models)
Note: The systems optical drive is a HLDS DVD-Writer model GH40N, FRU# 43C1042; P/N 45K0422
Note: This firmware upgrade requires the system to be restarted. Exit all applications and save your data before running the upgrade. Do NOT restart or power-down the system while the upgrade is in progress.
Click here to download the firmware update
- Go to the folder where you extracted the firmware update and click on the GH40N_NX05 icon.
- If Windows asks you if you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer, click "Yes."
- Click "Update".
- The update will proceed automatically. When the update is complete, you will be given the choice "REBOOT" or "EXIT."
- Click "REBOOT" to restart the system immediately, or "EXIT" if you wish to restart the system later.
- The firmware upgrade will take effect after the system is restarted.