Lenovo Diagnostics - Bootable USB is a diagnostic tool that can be booted itself and tests the memory and hard drives in Lenovo ThinkPad, ThinkCentre, ThinkStation and ThinkServer.
Note: The USB diagnostic tool has to be created on a Linux system first, and only then it can be used on a Lenovo computer regardless of what Operating System the system has once it is created.
- All Thinkpad
- All ThinkCentre
- All ThinkStation
- All IdeaCentre
- Lenovo Essential
- B475e, B480, B490, B490s, B575e, B580, B590
- B4400, B4450s, B5400
- E49, E4430, K2450, K29, K4350, K4450, K49
- G400, G400s, G405, G405s, G410, G410s, G480, G485, G500, G500s, G505, G505s, G510, G510s
- G580, G585, G700, G710, G780
- M4400, M4400s, M4450, M5400, M490, M490s, M495
- V4400, V4400u, V480, V480c, V480s, V490u, V580, V580c
Supported Operating Systems
- All Operating Systems - Self Bootable
Note: It must be created on a Linux Operating System below:
- RHEL Workstation 6.x
- SUSE Server 11
- Ubuntu 11.04
Summary of Changes
- ADD: LSC Lite - Audio Controller
- ADD: LSC Lite - Wired
- FIX: LSC Lite - Lite 4.3.0 Rev 7317: Lite GUI has stopped working while user select quick & extended tests and set test loop to 20 in X1 Carbon 3rd
- FIX: LSC Lite - Lite 4.4.0 Rev 7457: Test status "Running" is truncated in French
- FIX: LSC Lite - Lite 4.4.0 Rev 7457: The word "Infinite" is cut off in French in ThinkPad X1 Carbon 3rd
- FIX: LSC Lite - Lite 4.3.0 Rev 7317: Truncation occurred in Previous Logs with resolution 2560x1440(DPI:200%) in X1 Carbon 3rd
- FIX: LSC Lite - By switching the tabs several times and quickly the application crashes
- FIX: LSC Lite - The application is displaying an empty space on execution screen of camera module
- FIX: LSC Lite - Diagnostic Script - The log files are not being deleted from the temp folder
- FIX: LSC Lite - Keyboard - Change the Keyboard Verification Test, USB Keyboard Test and PS/2 Keyboard Test result, to "Not Applicable", when no keyboard device is connected.
- FIX: LSC Lite - The exported log does'nt display the module name.
- FIX: LSC Lite - The Diagnostic Script screen does not fit properly to the DPI informed.
- FIX: LSC Lite - Display - The color of the test is not filling the entire screen when changes the resolution.
- FIX: LSC Lite - There is a delay by switching the tabs
- FIX: LSC Lite - The app changes the location when the user minimizes and restores the app
- FIX: LSC Lite - Bootable - Storage - The status icon isn't appearing on Previous logs in test with SSD
- FIX: LSC CLI - The parameter 'Caller' is not running for run all.
- FIX: LSC CLI - Application doesn't display a feedback for some parameters with empty arguments
Please refer to the README file for the following:
- Installation Instructions
Open source code
- For any open source code used in generating this application, you can download it at
Open Source Code for Lenovo Linux Diagnostics and Lenovo Bootable Diagnostics