This package installs an updated version of the Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit device driver for the Intel RAID/AHCI Haswell controller that comes with your computer.
This update takes approximately 2MB of space on your hard drive.
This package installs an updated version the Intel RAID/AHCI controller that comes on the following systems:
- All ThinkCentre M83, M93z, M93, M93p, E93, E73, M73 systems.
- All ThinkStation E32 systems.
|Downloading the package|
- Click the file link to download the file from the Web page.
- When prompted, select a drive and directory in which to save the downloaded file.
|Extracting the package|
- Click Start, then click Start Search.
- Type d1rad12us14.exe in the search field, then click Search Everywhere. This will locate the file you just downloaded.
- Double-click the d1rad12us14.exe icon. You may see a dialog stating "A program needs your permission to continue". If you see this dialog, click Continue.
- Click Next. Read the license agreement.
- Click I accept the terms in the license agreement.
- Click Next.
- Ensure that "Save files in folder" is set to C:\SWTOOLS\DRIVERS\Raid\d1rad12us14.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
|Installing the package|
When installing the operating system on a system configured for RAID or AHCI mode, you must pre-install the driver using the AHCI Compatible RAID Driver using the F6 installation method.
Note: AHCI/RAID drivers can not be installed or enabled after the operating system is installed.