This update requires approximately 200MB of space on your hard drive. Print this file so that you can refer to it during the installation.
This package has been approved for use with the following systems:
- All ThinkCentre M58, M58p systems.
Downloading the package
- Click the file link to download the file from the Web page.
- When prompted, select a drive and directory in which to save the downloaded file.
Extracting the package
- Click Start, then click Start Search.
- Type c2etn32us17_32.exe in the search field, then click Search Everywhere. This will locate the file you just downloaded.
- Double-click the c2etn32us17_32.exe icon. You may see a dialog stating "A program needs your permission to continue". If you see this dialog, click Continue.
- Click Next. Read the license agreement.
- Click I accept the terms in the license agreement.
- Click Next.
- Ensure that "Save files in folder" is set to C:\SWTOOLS\DRIVERS\ETHERNET\c2etn32us17_32.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish to extract the necessary files to your hard drive.
Installing the package
- Before installing or updating the drivers, insert your adapter(s) in the computer and plug in the network cable. When Windows discovers the new adapter, it attempts to find an acceptable Windows driver already installed with the operating system.
- If found, the driver is installed without any user intervention. If Windows cannot find the driver, the Found New Hardware Wizard window is displayed.
- Regardless of whether or not Windows finds the driver, it is recommended that you follow the procedure below to install the driver. Drivers for all Intel adapters supported by this software release are installed.
- If you are installing drivers from the Product CD, insert the CD. If you do not have the Product CD, download drivers from the support website and transfer them to the system.
- If the Found New Hardware Wizard screen is displayed, click Cancel.
- Start the autorun located on the CD. If you downloaded the software package from the support website, the autorun automatically runs after you have extracted the files.
- Click Install Drivers and Software.
- Follow the instructions in the install wizard.