This article is about how to deal with WLAN connection failure or the prompting error of unidentified network.
- Reboot the computer
- Check and make sure WLAN is turned on by pressing function keys, such as Fn + F5/F5 or Fn + F7/F7.
- Check Airplane mode is off in Windows 8/8.1/10.
- Enter BIOS to make sure WLAN is enabled.
- If there is no pop-up window or icon, please go to Lenovo official site to download and reinstall the drivers of Energy Management software, WLAN card and shortcut key.
- Make sure the physical switch of WLAN card is switched on prior to installing driver.
- If the drivers of Energy Management software, WLAN card and shortcut key are not properly installed or the versions are incorrect, the WLAN card won't be enabled.
- Refer to "How to configure and connect to WLAN" and set your WLAN correctly. See whether the problem is resolved.
- If there was an access point, delete it and reconfigure.
- If password was set for your WLAN, re-input the network secret key and click "Connect".
- If your WLAN adopts DHCP to assign IP, please set "Obtain an IP address automatically".