Standard memory installation movie
To remove the DIMM, it is first necessary to remove the keyboard.
To remove the keyboard:
- Turn the computer off.
- Then disconnect the AC adapter and all cables from the computer.
- Close the computer display and turn the computer over.
- Slide the battery latch to the unlocked position. While holding the spring loaded latch in the unlocked position, slide out the battery pack.
- Remove the three screws or four screws from the bottom of the machine depending on the model.
The screws are identified with this icon.
- Turn the ThinkPad over and open the cover.
- Press between the F8 and F9 keys toward the back of the ThinkPad. The front of the keyboard pops up.
- Lift up the keyboard.
- Raise the flap over the cable connector.
- Disconnect the cable.
- Remove the keyboard.
Here's a closer look at the keyboard cable removal.
To remove the standard DIMM:
- Release the latches
- Lift out the DIMM
- Place it on the ESD mat or a static sensitive bag.
ThinkPad movie index
Detailed memory installation and removal instructions
Full service video CD available from http://www.pc.ibm.com/training.