This utility will examine your system configuration and detect all SATA optical drive (ODD) installed in your ThinkPad. SATA (Serial AT Attachment) is a new interface for storage devices.
The utility will then check the firmware revision of the ODD and judge whether your system requires a firmware update or not. If required, it will prompt you to run the appropriate firmware update program for your drive.
This package will run on the Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit) and Windows 8.
(Refer to marketing materials to find out what computer models support which Operating Systems)
There is no ISO format release for the SATA ODD firmware update.
Supported ThinkPad Systems
- E430, E431, E435, E440, E530, E531, E535, E540, E550, E550c, E555, E560, E565
- L430, L440, L530, L540, L560
- T430, T430i, T430s, T430si, T440p, T530, T530i, T540p
- W530, W540, W541
- X230, X230i, X230 Tablet, X230i Tablet
Supported Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit *1
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit *2
- Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit *3
- Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 32-bit, 64-bit *4
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3 *5
- IRST 14.0 or later
- IRST 12.7 or AMD AHCI Driver 188.8.131.52 or later
- IRST 184.108.40.2061 or AMD AHCI Driver 220.127.116.11 or later
- IRST 18.104.22.1686 or AMD AHCI Driver 22.214.171.1249 or later
- IRST 126.96.36.1996 or later
Summary of changes
- Added support for PLDS DA-8A6SH.
- Added support for PLDS DA-8D6SH.
- Added support for PLDS DU-8A6SH.
Model Firmware ThinkPad models
---------------- ----------- ------------------------
DA-8A6SH GU63 ThinkPad Edge / L series
DA-8D6SH EU63 ThinkPad L series
DU-8A6SH DU53 ThinkPad T / P series
DU-8A6SH DU63 ThinkPad Edge / L series
Please refer to the README file (content in English) for the following:
- Installation Instructions
- Determining Which Version is Installed
- Complete list of summary of changes
- Known limitations (if any)