The Lenovo OneKey Recovery 8.0 is software preloaded on Lenovo, idea laptops, designed to back up and restore your computer. You can use it to restore the system partition to its original status in case of a system failure. You can also create user backups for easy restoration as required. This article tells you:
Lenovo, Idea laptops
To utilize the features of the OneKey Recovery system, your hard disk already includes a hidden partition by default to store the system image file and the OneKey Recovery system program files. This default partition is hidden for security reasons, which explains why the available disk space is less than the stated capacity.
This image file can be used to restore the system partition. Steps are as follow:
1. You can choose a back-up location on the local hard disk drive or an external storage device.
2. Remove the removable hard disk drive before starting the Lenovo OneKey Recovery System. Otherwise, data from the removable hard disk drive might be lost.
3. The back-up process may take a while. It depends on the size of the partition to back up and PC configuration as well. From Lenovo OneKey Recovery on-screen notice you will learn the time remaining.
4. The back-up process is only available when Windows can be started normally.
You can choose to restore the system partition to its original status or to a previously created back-up point. Steps are as follow:
1. The recovery process is irreversible. Make sure to back up any data you wish to save on the system partition before starting the recovery process.
2. The recovery process may take a while. It depends on the size of the partition to back up and PC configuration as well. From Lenovo OneKey Recovery on-screen notice you will learn the time remaining. So be sure to connect the AC power adapter during the recovery process.
If Windows cannot be started, how to run Lenovo OneKey Recovery?
Shut down the computer. Press the Novo button. From Novo Button Menu, select System Recovery and press Enter.
Where are the recovery discs?
Your computer did not come with any recovery discs. Use Lenovo OneKey Recovery to backup your partition to an image. Then you can run Lenovo OneKey Recovery to restore your system with the backup image you created before. If there is no backup image, the system can be only restored to the intial status (factory status). The above can be executed only when Lenovo OneKey Recovery can run normally.
How to recovery preloaded Windows if hidden partition was damaged or formatted
Click here to learn more.
How can I get a Product Recovery CD or DVD
Click here to learn more.
What can I do if the back-up process fails or PC freezes during the process?
If you can start the backup but it fails during the back-up process, try the following steps:
1. Close all open programs, and then restart the back-up process.
2. Check to see if the destination media is damaged. If yes, replace the damaged media. Otherwise, select another destination path and try again.
System cannot start up- The Microsoft® Windows operating system does not start.
Use the OneKey Recovery system to restore the system partition to its original status or a previously created backup point.
When do I need to restore the system to its original factory status?
Use this feature when the operating system fails to start. If you have any critical data on the computer that you want to save, back it up before starting the recovery process.