Lenovo OneKey Recovery System 7.0 includes two main features:
OneKey Rescue System (Press Novo button to log in under shutdown state)
OneKey Recovery(Software under Windows)
Besides backing up and restoring system, the software also provides many other useful functions.
OneKey Rescue System (Press NOVO Button to enter, click here to learn more about NOVO button)
Under shutdown state, press " " to log in OneKey Rescue System, which includes "OneKey Antivirus", "OneKey Recovery" and "System Setup".
1. Click "OneKey Antivirus" as shown in Fig.1.
2. There are two options for your selection, see Fig.2
a. Quick Scan", click it to scan the most susceptible areas of your computer.
b. Full Scan", click it to thoroughly scan your entire computer.
1. Click "OneKey Recovery" in Fig.1 to enter it.
2. There are two tasks for your selection, see Fig.3.
a. "Restore from initial backup" is to to restore system partition (Drive C) to the initial status.
b. "Restore from user's backup" allows you to use a system-backup image file to restore your system partition (Drive C)
1. User's Backup requires running Lenovo Rescue System (Windows software) under Windows to create system-backup image file.
2. When Drive C is restored to initial status, data created after initial backup or User's backup (selected in Step 2) but not backed up will be deleted.
1. Click "System Setup" shown in Fig.1 to set network path and Admin password.
2. Click "Network Settings" to set network path.
a. Click "ADSL connection" and "Next", you will need to input "User Name", "Password" and "DNS Server" for broadband dial-up.
b. Click "LAN connection" and "Next", you will need to input necessary information for LAN connection, see Fig.7.
If Admin Password is needed, you can go to "Password Management" (shown in Fig.4) under "System Setup".
Type and confirm a password in Fig.8. The password cannot be cleared once created.
One Key Recovery is a preloaded software. You can create "User's Backup" to recover the system and create Recovery Disc.
This part includes three functions: "System Backup", "System Recovery" and "Create Recovery Disc".
Open it from "Start"-> "All programs" -> "Lenovo" -> "LenovoOneKey Recovery".
System Backup (or read more from here)
1. Click "System Backup" to create user's backup, see Fig.9.
2. Select backup location when Fig.10 appears.
1. Click "System Recovery" in Fig.9 to restore your computer to Initial Back up or User's Backup.
Create Recovery Disc
1. Click "Create Recovery Disc" to create corresponding recovery discs.
Different types of recovery discs can be created according to your needs. The recovery disc is used to start up the computer automatically and restore the system to the backup state. The first recovery disc is bootable.