Lenovo UEFI Diagnostics - Bootable USB is a tool that can be booted by itself and tests hardware devices in Lenovo UEFI-enabled ThinkPad, ThinkCentre, ThinkStation and ThinkServer systems.
Lenovo UEFI Bootable Generator GUI version is a tool runs on Windows platform with Graphic User Interface to create Lenovo UEFI Diagnostics - Bootable USB.
Lenovo UEFI Bootable Generator CMD version is a tool runs on Windows platform with Command Line to create Lenovo UEFI Diagnostics - Bootable USB.
Once Lenovo UEFI Diagnostics - Bootable USB is created, it can be used on your Lenovo computer regardless of what OS your system has as long as your system BIOS supports UEFI environment.
- You will need the following files to complete this task:
- To use GUI approach
- uefi-bootable-generator-gui-xxx.zip, which contains bootable generator GUI version that generates the bootable key.
- uefi-bootable-usb-xxx.zip. It's the image of bootable UEFI diagnostic.
- To use CMD approach
- uefi-bootable-generator-cmd-xxx.zip, which contains UefiBootableGenerator.exe that generates the bootable key.
- uefi-bootable-usb-xxx.zip. It's the image of bootable UEFI diagnostic. It must be in the same folder of UefiBootableGenerator.exe.
- The UefiBootableGenerator.exe file, which will generate the bootable key.
- The 7z.exe file, the dll 7z.dll file and the fat32format.exe file. All of these files must be in a folder called resource in able to create the bootable key.
- The image of bootable UEFI diagnostic. It must be in the same folder of UefiBootableGenerator.exe.
- All Thinkpad except Thinkpad 8, Thinkpad 10
- All ThinkCentre
- All ThinkStation
- All Lenovo Essential
- All IdeaCentre
Summary of Changes
- [Important] Important update
- (New) New function or enhancement
- (Fix) Correction to existing function
- FIX: UEFI 2.9 – Motherboard – DMA test displays FAILED status and hangs the app
- FIX: UEFI - Storage - Drive self-test Test result "not applicable" status
- FIX: MFG - During the Motherboard Test, if user press enter without insert USB key, the utility exit and result code is 0
- FIX: UEFI 2.9 - Optical - The application could displays a message about change midia
- FIX: UEFI 2.95: Drive self-test finished with NA - system 510S-13ISK
- FIX: UEFI- 2.9.6 Random Seek Failure on some SSDs
- FIX: UEFI 2.9.8 - CPU - The CPU module is not appering
Open source code
- For any open source code used in generating this application, you can download it at
Open Source Code for Lenovo Linux Diagnostics and Lenovo Bootable Diagnostics
Please refer to the README file for the following:
- Downloading Files
- Create Bootable UEFI Key by using graphic user interface.
- Create Bootable UEFI Key by using command line operation.
- Enabling UEFI at Satartup.
- Launch Lenovo UEFI Diagnostics - Bootable USB