If the user installs the Fingerprint software or a Fingerprint driver on a system with Microsoft Windows 8.1 operating system, the user cannot log onto Microsoft Windows 8.1 with the Domain account by swiping your Fingerprint.
The above symptom is associated with, but not limited to, the following systems:
System is configured with:
This is by designed for Microsoft Window 8.1. On Microsoft Windows 7 or Windows 8 systems, the user can enable the Domain account logon from the biometric settings in the Control Panel. However, the biometric settings are not available in the Control Panel on Microsoft Windows 8.1 system. To enable the Domain account logon on Microsoft Windows 8.1 systems, perform one of the following:
Modify the Group Policy settings:
To modify the group policy settings on Windows 8.1 systems, perform the following:
1. Run GPEDIT.msc to display the Local Group Policy Editor window.
2. Expand Computer Configuration->Administrative Templates->Windows Components->Biometrics.
3. Double-click on “Allow Domain users to log on using biometrics” in the right pane. The “Allow domain users to log on using biometrics” window is displayed.
4. Select “Enabled” and then click “OK”.
Install a Registry file:
To install a Registry file on Windows 8.1 systems, perform the following:
1. Run Notepad.exe to open a TXT file.
2. Copy and paste the following text to the TXT file from the first line.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
3. Save the TXT file as a file with the .reg extension. (For example: domainlogon.reg. Then, close the TXT file.
4. Double-click the REG file and follow the instructions on the screen to install the Registry file.