This article provides troubleshooting steps and advice to resolve your problem you are experiencing with your camera in Windows 7. If you are running Windows 8/8.1/10, the steps are different. Please check Camera not work in Windows 8/8.1/10 to learn more.
Confirm that your PC has a built-in camera. This device is often configured on the top of the LCD panel, see below screenshot. If no built-in camera, you may connect an external camera to your PC.
Check in Device Manager if camera was disabled
- Open Device Manager, under Imaging device, one of these two options Lenovo Easycamera or Integrated camera will show up. If a down arrow shown, it indicates camera device was disabled. Right-click Lenovo EasyCamera or Integrated camera to select Enable.
Check the camera is recognized correctly in Device Manager
- Open Device Manager. Navigate to Imaging devices.
- A yellow exclamation indicates camera driver not installed properly or out of date. Right-click then select Uninstall. Then right-click Imaging devices and select Scan for hardware change and camera driver should be reinstalled automatically.
- If the yellow exclamation mark still exists, go to Lenovo support site to search your product name and find the responding camera driver to install and update.
- Driver was installed or updated but still cannot find Imaging devices, Lenovo Easycamera or integrated camera, it needs to do hardware inspection.
Imaging devices, Lenovo Easycamera or integrated camera shows normally, suggest to test by other applications - Different applications include Youcam, Skype, Line, Facebook messenger, etc.
Hardware failure is of high possibility. Please contact Lenovo local service center for technical assistance
(A few models preloaded with Windows 7 need to switch on camera before opening any camera software) Turn on the camera physical switch by pressing FN+ESC
- Fn+ESC is a shortcut key controlled by Lenovo Energy Management software. Ensure you've installed it properly. Suggest to go to Lenovo support site to get the latest version.
- After switching the camera on, turn on Youcam (for models preloaded with Youcam) or download a third-party video or image software to test